Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Politics and the Environment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
My wife was telling me about how one of the folks she works with is part of the 47%. He works as a nurse aide at night and for Wally during the day. Despite working two jobs, he needs assistance from WIC for formula for his and his wife's new baby.

Regards,

D-Ray
Uniquely American.

John
Old 11-27-2012, 10:16 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
You do realize that there's something for everyone's point of view in that book? Which version is the one you're quoting?
Never mind the question you ducked. Soniclight / Constable / Farstadt comes up with a simple Google search.

Ya know, customarily you should provide attribution of copyrighted material, Was.

Bible.org might take issue with you using their interpretation of the bible unless your name happens to be Dr. Constable.

Last edited by bobabode; 11-27-2012 at 10:55 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Never mind the question you ducked. Soniclight / Constable / Farstadt comes up with a simple Google search.

Ya know, customarily you should provide attribution of copyrighted material, Was.

Bible.org might take issue with you using their interpretation of the bible unless your name happens to be Dr. Constable.
Screw customary. Let them sue me.
Tell you what, you find the version with the verse that promotes wealth redistribution, and while you're in there, you can check my quotes too. Then you can write a report, with references and cliff notes if that rubs your nub.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
My wife was telling me about how one of the folks she works with is part of the 47%. He works as a nurse aide at night and for Wally during the day. Despite working two jobs, he needs assistance from WIC for formula for his and his wife's new baby.

Regards,

D-Ray
Yeah, my son's neighbor was telling me he gets diapers, formula, even vaccinations. 3rd kid now. He lives in his in-laws home, and works for his father-in-law, who makes sure his wage is kept under the limit.
Drives a Suburban that can't be more than 3 yrs old, his wife has a Miata, snowmachines, dirt bikes, smart phones.
I'm sure they're the only ones abusing the system, I just happened to stumble upon them and it's biased my opinion unduly.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:45 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
Tell you what, you find the version with the verse that promotes wealth redistribution, and while you're in there, you can check my quotes too. Then you can write a report, with references and cliff notes if that rubs your nub.
How about you follow the rules of the forum. No ambiguity here. In terms that even an idjit from Alaska can understand, I don't subscribe to some wackjob's revisionist rewriting of the Bible with pictures but hey, whatever gets you a stiffy or "rubs your nub" as you put it. Further reading below.

http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=19

Last edited by bobabode; 11-28-2012 at 01:04 AM.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:09 AM
Admin

Quote:
Yeah, my son's neighbor was telling me he gets diapers, formula, even vaccinations. 3rd kid now. He lives in his in-laws home, and works for his father-in-law, who makes sure his wage is kept under the limit.
Drives a Suburban that can't be more than 3 yrs old, his wife has a Miata, snowmachines, dirt bikes, smart phones.
I'm sure they're the only ones abusing the system, I just happened to stumble upon them and it's biased my opinion unduly.

Your son lives next to Sarah Palin? Can he see Russia from his front porch, too?

On a serious note, why don't you drop a dime on them? That kind of shit is a felony even in Alaska. Hell, you might even get a reward.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:58 AM
Area Man

You won't find redistribution of wealth in the Christian Bible, Huh?

Probably won't find it here, either. So what?

http://www.amazon.com/Satanic-Bible-.../dp/0380015390

Why do you have such a problem with helping your fellow man? I can see being outraged by the type of abuses you recently described, believe it or not, we all are. But, it runs much deeper for you, doesn't it? You enjoy watching even those who do work get bent over and royally screwed don't you? So long as it saves you few bucks and satisfies your twisted craving to watch the wealthy and powerful anally abuse the weak and defenseless. You LOVE this. You hate the government, because it is the only entity with the power to rein in the Plutocratic pricks you love and admire. Isn't that right? Your inner Baboon wants to stomp to death anything it perceives as weak, doesn't it? Anything that slows the troop must simply be crushed and cast aside, is that it?

Regards,
Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 11-28-2012 at 05:01 AM.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Tell you what. Start a thread in the Religion and Politics sub-forum if you want to go all bible thumpy on us. As it is, you're just crapping on this thread.

John
Old 11-28-2012, 08:14 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Orangutans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac mini View Post
With gene splicing, human genome project, cure for aging, biological warfare, global warming, and fundamentalist Christians it is hard to predict where this world is going.
Really?? Recent history says totalarian government is much more dangerous.

Pete
Old 11-28-2012, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
You won't find redistribution of wealth in the Christian Bible, Huh?

Probably won't find it here, either. So what?

http://www.amazon.com/Satanic-Bible-.../dp/0380015390
Not Conservapedia's Bible Project either.

John