Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-25-2017, 12:02 PM

There is a right and wrong in the court of public opinion.
Old 08-25-2017, 12:47 PM
Ready

Freedom of speech means you're free of government consequences for your speaking. As far as private consequences, you're on much less solid ground. People who hire and fire have freedom too. Freedom of association also includes freedom not to be associated.
Old 08-25-2017, 02:52 PM

One of the supremacist goofballs at Charlottesville wore a MegaCorp shirt, very visibly. CEO sent an all hands email a couple of days later saying what a disgrace this was, how it reflects negatively on the company, etc, and that they were actively trying to identify the idiot. If he's an employee, you can bet he's toast.
Old 08-25-2017, 03:02 PM

In my line of work, the client does not want anyone other than their official spokesperson having any media interactions whatsoever.

People have been released from employment for violating this edict in the most offhand manner. I can imagine how happy the client would be, seeing one of their contractors marching around, in uniform, proudly swinging a Nazi flag or goose stepping to a racist anthem or chant.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:49 PM

Old 08-31-2017, 12:33 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
If you're referring to me, I've never been a Democrat. I voted Republican while in the military, as most of us did, mostly on pocketbook issues. Voted for Obama twice, who history will show to be one of our top tier presidents. Had to hold my nose to vote for Hillary, but the choice between her and a chimpanzee would have been just as easy for anyone capable of rational thought.

I've never been a card-carying member of any party. Both have way too many issues to gain my loyalty, so I vote as an independent for the most qualified candidates.
I like you, damnit.
Old 08-31-2017, 12:44 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
The question is, how long does the Southern region of the US want to continue being defined by a four year insurrection to defend slavery.
Good question.

What sort of asshole defends a bunch of losers who fought to preserve one of the worst examples of Plutocratic tyranny in human history? A bunch of poor people who signed up to protect the right of rich bastards to own poor people and treat them like property?

Oh, that's right we still have morons today who think rich businessmen were chosen by "God" to lord over us. They're "favored"........Yeah, right. Says them.

Last edited by BlueStreak; 08-31-2017 at 12:49 AM.
Old 09-01-2017, 06:09 PM

The Idaho town that stared down hate - and won

https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Societ...n-hate-and-won
Old 09-05-2017, 11:38 AM

The long slow death of the lost cause myth drags on.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...e53100dad2?mdi
Old 09-13-2017, 07:30 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Congress is putting a bipartisan squeeze on President Donald Trump to condemn white supremacists and commit his administration's resources to combating domestic terrorism by neo-Nazis and other racist groups.

A day after the Senate easily passed legislation condemning last month's violent white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, the House passed it on a voice vote Tuesday evening.

The House version was introduced last week by Rep. Tom Garrett (R-Va.), a conservative freshman who represents Charlottesville, and Rep. Gerald Connolly (D-Va.). It has the backing of Virginia's entire delegation of seven Republicans and four Democrats.

Now that the House has cleared the Senate measure, it will land on Trump's desk to sign or veto.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...macists-242624

Even Republicans think that they need to twist Trump's arm to have him denounce Nazis.