Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-30-2013, 05:22 PM
Admin

Children of Reagan?

So sayeth Cruz Missile Ted in New York today. More like Children of the Corn...
Old 05-30-2013, 05:45 PM

OK, I'll relate a story I read, but am unable to verify as to it's truth.

Reagan was the guest of honor at a commencement at some college, and was congratulating the new mortarboards.

Supposedly, Reagen shook the hand of one new graduate and asked, "And what is your name?"

And the new graduate supposedly replied, " I'm your son."

Whether it's true or not, I'm almost that bad at names and faces. It's an embarrassment at times.

Chas
Old 05-31-2013, 07:23 AM
Area Man

Never heard that one before. But I saw Alex Haig on Charley Rose one night. And, if what he said was true, then it's perfectly believeable, so long as it happened after late '86.

IIRC, he said the last year and a half or so, he (Haig) and Daddy Bush were running the show. Reagan was just saying (and signing) whatever he was told to. "He had become forgetful and terribly confused at times. We had to be careful to keep the press from getting wind of it."

Of course my father once told me that Reagans Alzheimers actually set in, ".....some time back in the '50s."

Dave
Old 05-31-2013, 07:41 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Never heard that one before. But I saw Alex Haig on Charley Rose one night. And, if what he said was true, then it's perfectly believeable, so long as it happened after late '86.

IIRC, he said the last year and a half or so, he (Haig) and Daddy Bush were running the show. Reagan was just saying (and signing) whatever he was told to. "He had become forgetful and terribly confused at times. We had to be careful to keep the press from getting wind of it."

Of course my father once told me that Reagans Alzheimers actually set in, ".....some time back in the '50s."

Dave
I think Haig was penalised for being in charge or being too uppity after Reagan was shot.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:44 AM
Area Man

Are you saying he was bitter and making this up?

Dave
Old 05-31-2013, 08:19 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Are you saying he was bitter and making this up?

Dave
One should consider the possibility.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
I think Haig was penalised for being in charge or being too uppity after Reagan was shot.
Yeah he was...but it was sort of a bum rap. Reagan was in the hospital and Bush was in an airplane. I think the General was saying he was in charge of the White House staff while Bush was in the air. He said something like "I am in charge here" not I am in charge of the whole country.

I always liked him.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:57 PM

At what point do folks realize they were duped by the neocons and the actor they hired to fool them.........
Old 05-31-2013, 06:05 PM
Admin

I was never duped but then I'm from California. We still remember that grade B movie actor, St. Ronnie (the snitch of RKO) and Ed Meese's brownshirts from when he was the Governor.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex E. View Post
At what point do folks realize they were duped by the neocons and the actor they hired to fool them.........
At what point do you realize that your partisan views are little more than the pot calling the kettle black?

I read an interesting comment the other day, which stated, "We don't have a two party system, we have a two tier system." Or something to that effect.

If you're not capable of passing judgment on them all, than you're little more than a dupe.

At least that's the way I look at it,

Chas