Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-16-2014, 02:38 PM
reflexionar

Fascinating book, The Bible. One can interpret it to mean anything one wants, especially if you use a single verse and ignore the context. I wonder if our Constitution was supposed to be modeled after it for the same reasons.
Old 08-16-2014, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholland View Post
Fascinating book, The Bible. One can interpret it to mean anything one wants, especially if you use a single verse and ignore the context. I wonder if our Constitution was supposed to be modeled after it for the same reasons.
If the US Constitution was modeled after the Bible wouldn't we look and function like a Judeo-Christian version of a strict-sharia Middle-Eastern Islamic state?
I don't think this was the intent of the FFs in spite of claims saying so, I think they were avoiding duplicating that model from several then-recent European examples.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Pio1980; 08-16-2014 at 02:52 PM.
Old 08-16-2014, 03:45 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholland View Post
Probably. I mean, think about it; How long did it take for people to start arguing over interpretation? Not long at all, I believe.

Dave
Old 08-16-2014, 03:48 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
If the US Constitution was modeled after the Bible wouldn't we look and function like a Judeo-Christian version of a strict-sharia Middle-Eastern Islamic state?
I don't think this was the intent of the FFs in spite of claims saying so, I think they were avoiding duplicating that model from several then-recent European examples.

Exactly. This is why I adamantly oppose the "Christian Nation" types. If anyone doesn't "get it", it's them. (IMHO).

Dave
Old 08-16-2014, 03:48 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by one1 View Post
Ok now I am confused was he or not and if not why is that church fucking with him.
Because of his gay role in The Birdcage and his cross-dressing in Mrs. Doubtfire.
Old 08-16-2014, 03:54 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Because of his gay role in The Birdcage and his cross-dressing in Mrs. Doubtfire.
Where is the sense of humor? I don't know how ANYONE can get through life being so uptight. It's GOT to suck, being them.

It never ceases to amaze me that those who bitch about having to live under a democracies rules, voluntarily seek and adhere to a far more in depth set of rules governing every tiny aspect of ones life, even in private, under the threat of eternal damnation. Scrutinizing, judgemental BS all day long from people who need to mind their own f**king business.

And they call this "happiness".

The irony is astounding.

Dave
Old 08-16-2014, 04:05 PM

Who knows what motivates the witch of Westboro Baptist.

Last edited by Pio1980; 08-16-2014 at 04:07 PM.
Old 08-16-2014, 04:36 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Who knows what motivates the witch of Westboro Baptist.
I think they lost their accreditation from the Baptist padres and you besmirch all witches with that Steve.
Old 08-16-2014, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
I think they lost their accreditation from the Baptist padres and you besmirch all witches with that Steve.
She's the wicked witch of the worst, so I should be off the hook with them.

Old 08-16-2014, 05:45 PM

it is just a crazy fucked up world,and some people take advantage of the chaos and make it worse.I dont think man will ever be at peace with other men because it is our nature.

I know to get into a state were suicide looks like a choice is a bad place to be I have been in that place several times and Pray to God I never get that low again,that is why I never condemn others like my sister,but I am upset that She took herself out of my life.but we get into a place were rationality is not the same as in a normal frame of mind.
it is easy to slip into and others don't understand than.

Robin had a lot left in his life to give even with the diagnosis and whatever else he felt made it not a good quality of life anymore.the worst thing imo is the ones left after the fact it really hurt me bad when my sister did it and it does every day.Robins Widow And Daughter have this memory to deal with now.I dont think there is anything worth killing yourself over,everyday is another chance to get it right and leave loved ones a memory of being alive.