Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2015, 05:20 PM

Can Sarah Palin re-emerge into the political fray

Life is full of struggles. Struggles and decisions, some of which will have little impact, and some that will have life changing consequences.

Most things in life worth having do not come easy. I mentioned to someone recently that my father never "gave" me anything. Anything of value at least. What I obtained, I earned. After I grew up, I appreciated his wisdom and methodology.

Our society is adversarial. The legal system, sports, politics, etc. Receiving a trophy for merely showing up is not showing love for our children. Having pass/fail as opposed to letter grades is not preparing or nurturing the drive to excel and reach ever higher and higher and when they leave the nest and go out into the world, they are shocked that no one gives them accolades for merely showing up for work on time.

Sarah Palin is a person who is capable of achieving greatness. She has been so vilified by the MSM and the Left that she may not be electable. I hope and pray that this is not the case. As Governor of Alaska, she met the Oil Companies head on, engaged in struggle and won. She was elected to work for the people and so she did. Tina Fey, David Letterman and others, would have you believe she is inept.....a buffoon....ask the people of Alaska what kind of person she is.

When the political enemies of John McCain continued to assisinate her character, abilities and morals after the presidential election, they finally drove her from office. She didn't quit because she was afraid or not up for the struggle....she stepped down when it became obvious that to remain as Governor, she was actually hurting the people of Alaska. Frivolous lawsuits and a constant barrage of demands for documents via FOIA became so cumbersome that she was unable to effectively do her job.

When the colonies decided to fight for independence from Great Britain, how many of the settlers would you say were convinced that it could NOT be done? Quite a few I would imagine. But, through sacrifice, battle, perseverance, bravery and "struggle" they won. They won against a force that no one in his right mind could EVER imagine they could usurp. They won because they were patriots. Sarah Palin is of that ilk. The Left would implode (or explode, whichever is messier) I would imagine Rosie O'Donnel would buy a rifle and shoot at her on the campaign trail with Joy Behar and Whoppi Goldberg as spotters...

Politically, the Republicans received a mandate from the American People in November of 2014. The newly elected Republicans were sent to Washington D.C. to STOP Obama from ruining and destroying this country. They were not sent there to co operate, be conciliatory, get along and make concessions. They were sent to snatch the phone and the pen from his megalomaniacial hands and stop the mayhem. To stop him from making himself a King by Executive Orders....

So far, I'm not real happy with Mitch McConnell. I'm not real enthused by my own Senators Lamar Alexander and Bob Corker. It does not appear to me that anything is being done to stop this president from giving this country to Islam, Mexico, selling it to China, kowtowing to Putin and growing the national debt to proportions equivocal to his wife's posterior....

http://savannahnow.com/news/2015-05-...ntial-campaign

So far, my support is with Ted Cruz.....I could live with a Cruz/Palin ticket. I'd donate my left eye to see Sarah and Hilary square off in a debate....maybe I'll get my chance. (I'll crawfish on actually giving up the left eye though...)