Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-06-2022, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
In my opinion, you are resorting to false equivalence. The Republican agenda is based on lies, every one of them beginning with current issues such as inflation, crime, climate change and abortion. Try and prove me wrong
I am strictly talking about personal behavior. But since you brought it up, you are wrong to think those are not real and legit concerns to people who are not right-wing wackos. Their politics and views on life happen to be different than yours so you resort to lumping everyone in the wacko box.

Last edited by GChief; 10-06-2022 at 11:46 AM.
Old 10-06-2022, 11:52 AM
Ready

Quote:
What do you say to a person who tells me that Trump won in 2020 other than you are full of shit.
In many cases they will be a person of normal good will, who is misled. Tell them a thing is not true just because a lot of people on their side say it.

If you tell them they are full of shit, they will just tend to think the same of you, and never believe a thing a blue person says.
Old 10-06-2022, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
In many cases they will be a person of normal good will, who is misled. Tell them a thing is not true just because a lot of people on their side say it.

If you tell them they are full of shit, they will just tend to think the same of you, and never believe a thing a blue person says.
The point I am trying to make from my lurking observations. As @Pio1980 called it, the blue venom is strong here and it is no different than the red venom.
Old 10-06-2022, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post

Sorry DQ, not my style. I have a close friend, an AA buddy who is a Trumper, he said so himself to me.

Mind you normally we avoid talking politics, but after the election I did ask him how can you believe Trump won when he lost every court case and every state certified the election results with no claim of fraud whatsoever. For that matter, even Trump's AG Barr claimed that this was one of the cleanest election.

He said with a straight face, "that's because they did not dig deep enough. Don't you want to know if our elections are free and fair?". A Republican calling for fair and free elections? .
So you see, regardless of proof they will always believe what they have been told to believe.

Every Trumper I know (and I know quite a few) listens to Faux, only Faux 24/7 and "you are full of shit" and move on is my only option. Otherwise they will bury you with whataboutism and they do not even understand what they are saying. For that matter I can predict what their response will be usually involving Pelosi, Biden, Harris, Biden, Hunter, Hillary, Obama, Newsom while all I inquired was about Trump. Like another question I have asked, "Trump was proven he cannot govern nor is he interested in governing, why do you want him for four more years".
Old 10-06-2022, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
"Trump was proven he cannot govern nor is he interested in governing, why do you want him for four more years".
Amen says the nonreligious feller
Old 10-06-2022, 02:28 PM

Back to the "Herschel Walker - Forced Birther, Actual Liar" topic why do so many Repubs insist on defending this guy when almost every day now something surfaces that he's lying or has lied about?
Guilty of some venom myself but dammit, the Republican party is trying to overthrow our democracy and that pisses me off.
Old 10-06-2022, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
Back to the "Herschel Walker - Forced Birther, Actual Liar" topic why do so many Repubs insist on defending this guy when almost every day now something surfaces that he's lying or has lied about?
Guilty of some venom myself but dammit, the Republican party is trying to overthrow our democracy and that pisses me off.
Reading a report today on Daily beast, it seems that Herschel also fathered a child with the same woman that he paid to have her abort a previous child, yet the Republican party is rising in full support of Walker (He is our Christian Family Values Man) and he is threatening to sue Daily Beast. Lying is OK but if you do get caught, sue their ass off. May not white out the lie but it may fix the problem from lying.
Old 10-06-2022, 02:54 PM

I don't often answer my own question but...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...ke/8194093001/

Quote:
Dana Loesch, a conservative radio host and former spokesperson for the National Rifle Association, put it best this week when she said: “I don’t care if Herschel Walker paid to abort endangered baby eagles. I want control of the Senate.”
This seems to be the position of the Republican party. Convince me I'm wrong.
Old 10-06-2022, 03:16 PM

Isn't that to goal of both parties every election? The red team just decided any means is ok.
Old 10-06-2022, 04:43 PM

I don't know why any of this is a surprise. How many abortions do you suppose Donald Trump paid for? And the really weird thing is, if somebody came forth with incontrovertible evidence to that effect, his poll numbers would probably go up.

Republican voters have abandoned all pretense of principle.