Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > History
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-07-2014, 12:22 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
The leaders of the army was complicit too. Although they loathe Hitler, he successfully played his anti Bolshevik street credential card to overcome the army's reservation.
Correct. The fear of Bolshevism, ("far leftist ideology"), was also used as a catalyst. As was the influx of immigrants of so-called "parasitic races", up until the Nazi regime.

Make of that what you will.

Dave
Old 06-07-2014, 12:24 PM
Area Man

[QUOTE=BlueStreak;223343]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmanKardon View Post

And there's our answer. In less prosperous countries, such as the African nations, warlords gain control of the food & water supply and use it to control the masses. If you don't submit, you don't eat. In the "industrialized" nations such as Germany and the United States.....it's employment that is used in this fashion.

"They who do not work, shall not eat."

Where have we heard THAT from recently?

Have a nice day.

Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Correct. The fear of Bolshevism, ("far leftist ideology"), was also used as a catalyst. As was the influx of immigrants of so-called "parasitic races", up until the Nazi regime.

Make of that what you will.

Dave
Feel free to comment when the parallels become evident.

Dave
Old 06-07-2014, 12:24 PM
Mutated Member

Prototype by Porsche 1936

A propaganda project. Hundred thousands had aready a contract of sale and saved 5 Reichsmark a week until they achieved the 990 Reichsmark. But the car had never been delivered. Another plain fraud on the people.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg prototype.jpg (117.0 KB, 39 views)

Last edited by HarmanKardon; 06-07-2014 at 12:31 PM.
Old 06-07-2014, 06:21 AM
Resident octogenarian

Chris I shoul photocopy one of the pages in my German stamp collectio where you can see a simple stamp surcharged billonen. I have an excellent collection of West Germany thanks to a lady friend Ruthild from Nurnburg, may she rest with the angels, she was killed in an accident on the Autobahn.
Old 06-07-2014, 06:22 AM
Mutated Member

Good heavens, so the numbers were almost too big for the stamps then...
Old 06-07-2014, 06:36 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Good heavens, so the numbers were almost too big for the stamps then...
Well there would be a figure in front of the word but the mere fact that it would take billonen to mail a letter I suspect few were because those stamps are mostly available mint (unused) and are more or less worthless. But if you can find a used one they are quite valuable to collectors.
Old 06-07-2014, 06:50 AM
Mutated Member

Two decades ago I found around a dozen bills from fall 1923 in the attic and I threw them away. I would not do that a second time.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Two decades ago I found around a dozen bills from fall 1923 in the attic and I threw them away. I would not do that a second time.
I still have some somewhere. I think they are 500,000 Reichsmark scheins. Need to dig them out.

During the 1970s even 5 DM was a lot of money for a kid. 500,000 DM was like being a millionaire.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:38 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Well there would be a figure in front of the word but the mere fact that it would take billonen to mail a letter I suspect few were because those stamps are mostly available mint (unused) and are more or less worthless. But if you can find a used one they are quite valuable to collectors.
I have hundreds, if not thousands, of stamps from the Nazi era. A lot of them are "overprints" where they would print the new value on top of the old value. Also, when I was a kid living in Mannheim, there were still many bombed out buildings. A number of them had wallpaper made from postage stamps, as the stamps were worth less than the adhesive paper they were printed on.
Old 06-08-2014, 11:21 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I have hundreds, if not thousands, of stamps from the Nazi era. A lot of them are "overprints" where they would print the new value on top of the old value. Also, when I was a kid living in Mannheim, there were still many bombed out buildings. A number of them had wallpaper made from postage stamps, as the stamps were worth less than the adhesive paper they were printed on.
Some of those overprints were for use in the conquered countries if there was a name rather than a value.