Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Religion & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-10-2012, 09:26 AM

Any individual church that strays from the Gospel teaching...e.g. preaching the precepts of men, which arent in the bible. should be avoided. Jeremiah wright any one?

There are people that use the gospel as a means to say that because we are under grace...it is ok to sin. when it isnt. It just leads to ones misery. Wether or not they will admit it.

Pauls plea to the romans was that , look here, we can never be good enough, so GOD seeing that, sent his only begotten son, so that who so ever believes on him should not perish but have ever lasting life. For god sent not his son into the world, to condemn the world but that the world through him might be saved.

Paul was a man who new the Old Testament. To a tittle, so to speak. But he still murdered christians. Have any of you murdered any one lately? Yet Jesus sought him out. Saul was asked, why are you persecuting me? Saul asked. Who are you LORD? I am Jesus whom you are persecuting.

Saul the pharisee of the pharisees saw the light. And as mightly as he fought against the christians, after his conversions showed the same fervor for christ.

Non of us are perfect. therefore we shouldnt look at other men or women for comparison.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:53 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by budgetaudio6 View Post
Non of us are perfect. therefore we shouldnt look at other men or women for comparison.
I do believe that is one of the reasons they invented mirrors.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Any individual church that strays from the Gospel teaching...e.g. preaching the precepts of men, which arent in the bible. should be avoided. Jeremiah wright any one?
Fred Phelps anyone? Terry Jones anyone? Pat Robertson anyone? Bill Donohue anyone?

John
Old 06-10-2012, 12:49 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Fred Phelps anyone? Terry Jones anyone? Pat Robertson anyone? Bill Donohue anyone?

John
Jim Jones, Marshall Applewhite, David Koresh, ----this guy; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom%C3%A1s_de_Torquemada .

The list goes on and on, streching back for millenia.

Dave
Old 06-10-2012, 12:24 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:

And this is the intolerance of which I spoke. Who are you or I to say that Rev. Wright does not preach message that is worthy of listeners? Lest we begin thinking that any church or any interpretation of the Bible is infallible, we must remember that men wrote the bible and that human beings are the leaders of churches.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 06-10-2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
I am sick and tired of you and the rest of the Bible thumping, know it all, right wing so called Christians, bringing up Reverend Jeremiah Wright as an example of all that is bad in the teaching of the Gospel because the Liberal media outlet ABC combed through hundreds of Wright's sermons, and cherry picked sentences from those sermons, to stir up a controversy, so they had something "sensational" to report. It was all a bunch of out of context crap that the Right lapped up and bought hook line and sinker.

I can assure you that you will never attain a level of scholarly knowledge, of the Bible, and Christianity that Reverend Wright has.

The man joined the Marine Corp in 1961 and then the Navy, when his Marine tour was up, where he trained as a cardiopulmonary speci@list. He was later assigned to Lyndon Johnson's medical detail. As you can tell he served in the Military during the Vietnam war.

After the military he went back to college and finished his bachelors degree at Howard University in DC in 1968. He earned a masters in English in 1969 from Howard university. He also earned a Masters degree from the University of Chicago Divinity School. Then he earned a Doctor of Ministry degree from the United Theological Seminary in Dayton, Ohio.

His honors are many:

"Wright has received a Rockefeller Fellowship and seven honorary doctorate degrees, including from Colgate University, Lincoln University of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Valparaiso University, United Theological Seminary, Chicago Theological Seminary, and Starr King School for the Ministry. Wright was named one of Ebony magazine's top 15 preachers. He was also awarded the first Carver Medal by Simpson College in January 2008, to recognize Wright as "an outstanding individual whose life exemplifies the commitment and vision of the service of George Washington Carver"."

He took a small church in Chicago that had less than 100 members and built it into a church with over 8,000 members. I would say that is a very impressive accomplishment. He actually spreads the word of God and does it without banging hookers or snorting coke off a male prostitutes tight ass.

Jeremiah Wright any one? (sic)
Old 06-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgrr View Post
because the Liberal media outlet ABC combed through hundreds of Wright's sermons, and cherry picked sentences from those sermons, to stir up a controversy, so they had something "sensational" to report.
An example of the truth that the corporate media has no agenda other than profit.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 06-10-2012, 05:23 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgrr View Post
I am sick and tired of you and the rest of the Bible thumping, know it all, right wing so called Christians, bringing up Reverend Jeremiah Wright as an example of all that is bad in the teaching of the Gospel because the Liberal media outlet ABC combed through hundreds of Wright's sermons, and cherry picked sentences from those sermons, to stir up a controversy, so they had something "sensational" to report. It was all a bunch of out of context crap that the Right lapped up and bought hook line and sinker.

I can assure you that you will never attain a level of scholarly knowledge, of the Bible, and Christianity that Reverend Wright has.

The man joined the Marine Corp in 1961 and then the Navy, when his Marine tour was up, where he trained as a cardiopulmonary speci@list. He was later assigned to Lyndon Johnson's medical detail. As you can tell he served in the Military during the Vietnam war.

After the military he went back to college and finished his bachelors degree at Howard University in DC in 1968. He earned a masters in English in 1969 from Howard university. He also earned a Masters degree from the University of Chicago Divinity School. Then he earned a Doctor of Ministry degree from the United Theological Seminary in Dayton, Ohio.

His honors are many:

"Wright has received a Rockefeller Fellowship and seven honorary doctorate degrees, including from Colgate University, Lincoln University of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Valparaiso University, United Theological Seminary, Chicago Theological Seminary, and Starr King School for the Ministry. Wright was named one of Ebony magazine's top 15 preachers. He was also awarded the first Carver Medal by Simpson College in January 2008, to recognize Wright as "an outstanding individual whose life exemplifies the commitment and vision of the service of George Washington Carver"."

He took a small church in Chicago that had less than 100 members and built it into a church with over 8,000 members. I would say that is a very impressive accomplishment. He actually spreads the word of God and does it without banging hookers or snorting coke off a male prostitutes tight ass.

Jeremiah Wright any one? (sic)
Thanks for that reality check, my friend. It bears repeating.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:06 PM
Resident octogenarian

You mean like how Christmas was really the pagan feast of the winter solstice.

And Sinter Claus and Black Peter were old Dutch customs.

I do hope I have not popped somebody's bubble.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:47 PM
Area Man

I dunno, most Bhuddist societies seem to do pretty darn well and have been for a lot longer than the Christian world, actually.

I'm just sayin'......