Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > The Unemployment Line

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-05-2017, 06:19 PM
Persona non grata

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/26th_of_July_Movement

It's always darkest before the dawn. We need to get to rock bottom first.

And by "we" I don't mean to include any of you losers.

Quote:
On 2 December 1956, 82 men landed in Cuba, having sailed in the boat Granma from Tuxpan, Veracruz, ready to organize and lead a revolution. The early signs were not good for the movement. They landed in daylight, were attacked by the Cuban Air Force, and suffered numerous casualties. The landing party was split into two and wandered lost for two days, most of their supplies abandoned where they landed. They were also betrayed by their peasant guide in an ambush, which killed more of those who had landed. Batista mistakenly announced Fidel Castro's death at this point. Of the 82 who sailed aboard the Granma, only 12 eventually regrouped in the Sierra Maestra mountain range.
Twelve dudes in the Sierra Maestra. That's when Castro's Cuban Revolution reached rock bottom.

Last edited by Tom Joad; 01-05-2017 at 06:24 PM.
Old 01-05-2017, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/26th_of_July_Movement

It's always darkest before the dawn. We need to get to rock bottom first.

And by "we" I don't mean to include any of you losers.

Twelve dudes in the Sierra Maestra. That's when Castro's Cuban Revolution reached rock bottom.

No video?
Old 01-05-2017, 06:39 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
No video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSLCR6g2IaE

Last edited by Tom Joad; 01-05-2017 at 06:41 PM.
Old 01-05-2017, 06:43 PM
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NCC1bIAlrM
Old 01-05-2017, 06:58 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
I loves me some Jimmy Buffett.

He's the best thing to come out of Mobile, Alabama, except for Hank Aaron and Satchel Paige.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ausU6_kDnAg

Last edited by Tom Joad; 01-05-2017 at 07:03 PM.
Old 01-05-2017, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
Finland does shit right.

The US should emulate them.
Like this?
Quote:
What will be the impact on the federal budget?

One might think that repealing a law like the Affordable Care Act would save the federal government money. Actually, in many scenarios, it won’t. That’s because the law doesn’t just spend money -- it also raised revenue through taxes, and it implemented policies designed to keep costs in check. So getting rid of the law also gets rid of the revenue it produced.

While it acknowledged some uncertainty, the CBO estimated that over a 10-year period, repealing the law would increase federal budget deficits by $353 billion. A more recent estimate by the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget mirrored what the CBO found -- $350 billion over 10 years.

According to the group’s calculations, the revenue losses would be driven by rolling back tax increases on the wealthy. About half of the $800 billion in revenue losses would come from payroll and investments surtaxes on wages and income above $200,000 -- a tax windfall that very few Americans could take advantage of after a repeal. Another quarter of the revenue losses would come from repealing fees on insurers, medical-device companies and drugmakers.
Link
Carl
Old 01-05-2017, 07:44 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
According to the group’s calculations, the revenue losses would be driven by rolling back tax increases on the wealthy. About half of the $800 billion in revenue losses would come from payroll and investments surtaxes on wages and income above $200,000 -- a tax windfall that very few Americans could take advantage of after a repeal. Another quarter of the revenue losses would come from repealing fees on insurers, medical-device companies and drugmakers.
OK, so some tax increases on wealthy people will be rolled back. We should be taxing those bastards back to the stone age, so that's a negative. But fees on insurers, medical device companies, and drug companies? C'mon. Those "fees" are being passed on to the consumer in the form of higher prices. Obamacare is a big windfall cash cow for all the gougers in the Medical Industrial Complex. They are all making too damned much money. And they are greedy and want more. That's the problem and Obamacare does nothing to change that.

All Trump has to do is one thing that he proposed about healthcare and he will have accomplished more for Healthcare than Obummer did in his entire time in office. And that is to allow Medicare to negotiate the price of drugs.
Old 01-05-2017, 07:54 PM
Admin

What a load of horseshit, Joad. Pre-existing conditions were outlawed and lifetime caps were eliminated.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:01 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
What a load of horseshit, Joad. Pre-existing conditions were outlawed and lifetime caps were eliminated.
Those are good things.

And from what I hear Trump wants to keep them.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapoth.../#38a1c8db4e1c
Old 01-05-2017, 08:24 PM

What Trump says he wants may or may not be what he actually wants. And whatever it may be is not what Lyin' Ryan and (Mr Humana) Turtleman wants.

Carl