Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-30-2018, 06:27 PM
Admin

Thumbs up FedEx Scraps the NRA

"Mass shootings happen in an instant and grab headlines. A business and investment shift away from the firearms industry is happening more subtly. FedEx, the U.S. shipping group, is ending a program that offers discounts for business members of the National Rifle Association, the company confirmed to Breakingviews.
It’s a quiet reversal: eight months ago, FedEx stood by the gun-rights lobby group as other companies scrapped deals. They were reacting to the NRA’s stance after 17 students and staff members were murdered at a Florida high school by a former student. Companies including Delta Air Lines, United Airlines and car-rental firm Enterprise swiftly ended member discounts. At the time, FedEx said that while assault rifles of the kind used in most American mass shootings shouldn’t be in civilian hands, it did not believe in “discriminating” between organizations it works with.
The change of tack comes just days after a gunman killed 11 people in a Pittsburgh synagogue. The $56 billion logistics company says the closure of its NRA discount program from Nov. 4 has no connection to that incident or any other shooting. Rather, the NRA just didn’t bring in enough business to merit its own deal. It’s among dozens of organizations FedEx plans to move to new pricing programs, and the company has been notifying customers since early October." Reuter's

https://www.breakingviews.com/consid...p-with-the-nra

Bit by bit this rogue organization, the NRA is disassembled. Good job FedEx even if it took far too long. I'm still very curious about their partnering with the flood of dark money from Russia into our political system. If the Democrats take the House, it's going to get real interesting in January '19.