Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-22-2017, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Some here seem to fail to understand the difference between consent and sexual assault. Clinton and Monica were consenting adults.
Oh, I think "some here" understand things just fine. I think others - like you - are twisting yourself into pretzels to excuse and cover for abusive, destructive behavior. Your citation above is proof positive. The story of Clinton's abuse of women wasn't just about "Monica". Clinton has a long history, and plenty of accusers. Yet, not only were these women's stories not taken seriously. These women became the targets of an orchestrated campaign by the Clintons and their surrogates to destroy them. Take it from K Sebelius:

"Not only did people look the other way, but they went after the women who came forward and accused him," says Kathleen Sebelius, the former secretary of Health and Human Services and Kansas governor. "And so it doubled down on not only bad behavior but abusive behavior. And then people attacked the victims."

Sebelius extended her criticism to Hillary Clinton, and the Clinton White House for what she called a strategy of dismissing and besmirching the women who stepped forward—a pattern she said is being repeated today by alleged perpetrators of sexual assault—saying that the criticism of the former first lady and Secretary of State was "absolutely" fair. Sebelius noted that the Clinton Administration's response was being imitated, adding that "you can watch that same pattern repeat, It needs to end. It needs to be over."

And then this same bunch wants to target and accuse others of the same behavior that they've engaged in. The hypocrisy is spectacular.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:11 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Hollywood!

Hollywood got lost with Roman Polanski.
Naw, it was Fatty Arbuckle.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:13 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Aren't you the guy who "hates this country"? Right, so you're just a hater who condones hating. Got it.
Insipid claptrap.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:54 PM

Quote:
And then this same bunch wants to target and accuse others of the same behavior that they've engaged in. The hypocrisy is spectacular.
You, an undying supporter of serial abuser DJT, calling someone out for hypocrisy, is laughable. You’re a joke.
Old 11-22-2017, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Oh, I think "some here" understand things just fine. The hypocrisy is spectacular.
Question is do you? I very much doubt it and as far as hypocrisy goes, I will unanimously appoint you the champ.
You just don't know how good you are at it unless you go back and read your posts.

One more time (Final ratings):

William Jefferson Clinton: 66% approve, 29% disapprove
George W. Bush: 34% approve, 61% disapprove
Barrack Obama: 59% approve, 37% disapprove, this with every 'black hatred' thrown at him.
Donald J. Trump: Care to predict?
Old 11-28-2017, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Question is do you? I very much doubt it and as far as hypocrisy goes, I will unanimously appoint you the champ.
You just don't know how good you are at it unless you go back and read your posts.

One more time (Final ratings):

William Jefferson Clinton: 66% approve, 29% disapprove
George W. Bush: 34% approve, 61% disapprove
Barrack Obama: 59% approve, 37% disapprove, this with every 'black hatred' thrown at him.
Donald J. Trump: Care to predict?
If Clinton's ratings are any indication, I guess Conyers will be a ratings champ as well, since another woman has come forward with allegations of sexual harassment.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...ent/108085966/

The first instance of harassment happened, Maher said, shortly after the congressman hired her in September 1997 during an event with the Congressional Black Caucus.

“I didn’t have a room, and he had me put in his hotel suite,” said Maher, 77, adding that she rejected his offer to share his room at the Grand Hyatt in Washington and have sex.

The other incidents with the now 88-year-old Conyers involved unwanted touching in a car in 1998 and another unwanted touching of her legs under her dress in 1999, she said.

Yup, and Nancy P said, "John Conyers is an icon in our country, and He has done a great deal to protect women". Yeah, great protection in that hotel suite, Nancy.
Old 11-28-2017, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Insipid claptrap.
Great description of your every post.
Old 11-28-2017, 08:38 AM

Are you in favor of electing a pedophile to the Senate whell? A yes or no answer please.
It's not about anyone else already in office.
Old 11-28-2017, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Are you in favor of electing a pedophile to the Senate whell? A yes or no answer please.
It's not about anyone else already in office.
I'm not aware that a convicted pedophile is running for office anywhere, or has recently been elected to office. Do you have a scoop? Pedophilia is also a psychological condition. Do you have medical records that demonstrate a current of potential US Senator has been diagnosed as a pedophile? Of course, if any individual is convicted of such a felony, it would make sense to keep them from holding any elected office.

I'm certainly aware that Gloria Aldred Inc has found some folks to make allegations, but as Franken and Conyers have demonstrated, allegations are not sufficient to bar or remove someone from elected office. It'll be up to the Alabama voters to decide if they believe those allegations are credible.

Last edited by whell; 11-28-2017 at 01:41 PM.
Old 11-28-2017, 01:41 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
I'm not aware that a convicted pedophile is running for office anywhere, or has recently been elected to office. Do you have a scoop? Pedophilia is also a psychological condition. Do you have medical records that demonstrate a current of potential US Senator has been diagnosed as a pedophile? Of course, if any individual is convicted of such a felony, it would make sense to keep them from holding any elected office.

I'm certainly aware that Gloria Aldred Inc has found some folks to make allegations, but as Franken and Conyers have demonstrated, allegations are not sufficient to bar or remove someone from elected office.
So, your answer is yes. I thought so.