Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-10-2014, 11:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Nice try, but ISIL and Afghanistan are Obama's problems. Unless the argument goes that he's completely meaningless.

Pete
They're Obama's problems. They're not Obama's fault. So Obama derangement it is then.

The only thing I question about Afghanistan is why TF we have any personnel there anymore at all. Of course I don't believe that would be the nature of your beef with Obama regarding Afghanistan. Certainly not if you're any sort of decent conservative. US personnel still at risk there notwithstanding, he's clearly abandoned the people of Afghanistan. Just like he completely abandoned the people of Iraq, what with finally following Bush's lead and considering the mission having been accomplished.

But again, I suspect a decent con like you figures we should have our people at risk for the next three or four decades in Iraq...when what it will actually take is a couple hundred thousand troops there for the next 15 centuries. And if we did that, within 6 months of the pull-out in 3515 the Muslim sects there will be slaughtering each other once again, just like they are now. It's what they do. (And just for shits and giggles, slaughtering anybody else who's available along the way whenever the opportunity arises.)

So PFFFffffffftttttt......nice try yourself.