Go Back   Political Forums > Global political discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-06-2011, 03:11 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
Other than surprise air (using Western weaponry) attacks on June 5th and taking control of the Gaza Strip and the Sinai Peninsula from Egypt, the West Bank and East Jerusalem from Jordan, and the Golan Heights from Syria?

That is, if you're from Israel.

If you're from Eqypt, Jordan or Syria? Well, you got shafted.

If you're the United States? We supplied M50 and M51 Shermans, M48A3 Pattons, M2/M3 Half-tracks, M50 self-propelled howitzers and Makmat 160 mm self-propelled mortars... (Well, you get the idea.)

That Israel's air force backbone is now comprised of a significant number of F-15s just means they'd be using AMERICAN planes during their next strike of aggression...
So has Egypt, Saudi Arabia, etc. etc. Sherman tanks? Near as I recall the Israelis are using their own version of a British tank, the Sherman (WW II?) was outgunned by everything else. That's why they claim we need the F35 because we sell all the others, we are probably the world's biggest arms dealer.

Jordan's troubles came from Syria, and as Egypt was one of the aggressors - tough shit/
Old 06-06-2011, 03:45 PM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
So has Egypt, Saudi Arabia, etc. etc. Sherman tanks? Near as I recall the Israelis are using their own version of a British tank, the Sherman (WW II?) was outgunned by everything else. That's why they claim we need the F35 because we sell all the others, we are probably the world's biggest arms dealer.

Jordan's troubles came from Syria, and as Egypt was one of the aggressors - tough shit/
I thought we were discussing just the Six Day War but I, definitely, get your drift.

Of course -- now -- we're the world's biggest arms dealer.