Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Global political discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:46 PM
Loyal Opposition

Global reaction to the stuxnet worm

Is the stuxnet worm amount to undeclared warfare? I have been wondering about the global reaction to the latest events, and found that, according to this article in the Guardian, this type of attack has happened before.

It might be just as interesting to see who stays silent about this as it is to hear what international complaints might be.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 12-10-2010, 07:46 AM
Resident octogenarian

There has already been a case where the Chinese, using the Internet protocols* diverted almost all U.S. traffic through Chinese servers before sending it on to its destination. Whether they copied it all is not knowm.

* Part of IP is where nodes in the network periodically send each other messages that say basically - I connect to X in three hops, or I connect to X in one hop. So naturally traffic to X will choose the shortest path, except in this case they lied.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
There has already been a case where the Chinese, using the Internet protocols* diverted almost all U.S. traffic through Chinese servers before sending it on to its destination. Whether they copied it all is not knowm.

* Part of IP is where nodes in the network periodically send each other messages that say basically - I connect to X in three hops, or I connect to X in one hop. So naturally traffic to X will choose the shortest path, except in this case they lied.
Now the slants are spying on me as well.

Just damn!!!

Chas
Old 12-10-2010, 10:35 AM
Resident octogenarian

The rub is that you have to own/or be in charge/ of the network in order to fake the protocol. Take one of you emails sometime and highlight it and in the top bar, under FILE the drop down menu will have a field "Properties" click on that. You will get two choices, pick "Details" and it will show you all the hops that mail took. You must own the network, not only for the first lie about "hops" but also to erase the return path info. So we know damn well the Chinese government is doing it.

Last edited by merrylander; 12-10-2010 at 02:22 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:26 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Global reaction to the stuxnet worm
I doubt there will be very much at all.