Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Religion & Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-27-2013, 02:45 PM
Area Man

Amazing, how so many don't get the distinction between New and Old Testament or see the contradictory nature of that relationship.

Personally, I have a problem with accepting a two thousand year old book as the "Word of God", verbatim. Two millennia is more than sufficient time for MEN and their man made religious organizations to add their personal intent, bias and prejudices.

Dave
Old 10-27-2013, 03:02 PM
Area Man

I don't know what your life experience has been. But, I learned as a teenager that most bigots are also bullies and most bullies are dumb as a day is long. And, the only way you can reach them is to beat the crap out of them early on...... Otherwise, you will suffer their abuse indefinitely. Appeasement, with such people, does not work.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:29 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
... not!

“Thank you for your service, it was excellent. That being said, we cannot in good conscience tip you, for your homosexual lifestyle is an affront to GOD. Queers do not share in the wealth of GOD, and you will not share in ours. We hope you will see the tip your fag choices made you lose out on, and plan accordingly. It is never too late for GOD’S love, but none shall be spared for fags. May GOD have mercy on you.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4163475.html

Very classy.
Cheap people use every excuse in the book to justify their sin of greed.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:33 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I don't know what your life experience has been. But, I learned as a teenager that most bigots are also bullies and most bullies are dumb as a day is long. And, the only way you can reach them is to beat the crap out of them early on...... Otherwise, you will suffer their abuse indefinitely. Appeasement, with such people, does not work.
Of course bullies are dumb, the bullying is them compensating for their feelings of inadequacy.

Really all they are doing is tipping off others as to how fragile their psyche is.

We had a serious bully in the nearby high school. He pulled his crap on the wrong guy and was shot dead at the local gas station.
Old 10-27-2013, 05:19 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
Of course bullies are dumb, the bullying is them compensating for their feelings of inadequacy.

Really all they are doing is tipping off others as to how fragile their psyche is.

We had a serious bully in the nearby high school. He pulled his crap on the wrong guy and was shot dead at the local gas station.
Sounds like the biggest bully won.
Old 10-27-2013, 05:54 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
No.

Dave
Old 10-27-2013, 05:55 PM
Admin

Quote:
Sounds like the opposite to me. The bully wound up picking on someone who'd had enough of taking crap from dickheads.

An old high school chum who was very slightly built took up martial arts and carried nunchucks. Once at a keg party a linebacker type cut the line to the beer and my old friend politely asked this shit fer brains to get in line. One thing led to another and the bully tried to grab Steve and wound up knocked out cold. Everyone laughed as they stepped over the lug to get a beer. He woke up and staggered away after about 5 minutes.
Old 10-27-2013, 06:03 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post

That's right. Any deviance from their perceived "norm" is a threat. You're threatening the bullies ego by demonstrating that you don't have to "be like him" in order to lead a happy, successful life. In fact you might be gay or a liberal and become even more successful than he. This threatens his "exceptionalism" and sends him into a hissy fit. Because, in his fucked up, pathetic brain it just can't work that way, so he does whatever he has to to drag you down.

Sound familiar, Ed?
Old 10-27-2013, 10:43 PM
Ready

Quote:
Nah. Another bully would have pushed back in bully fashion, the first would have understood 'hey, he's not going to be any fun,' and that would have been that.

The guy who shot him was as person who had seen that shit before, and wanted no more of it. But he wasn't a bully. A bully wouldn't have reacted to strongly.
Old 10-27-2013, 10:59 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Nah. Another bully would have pushed back in bully fashion, the first would have understood 'hey, he's not going to be any fun,' and that would have been that.

The guy who shot him was as person who had seen that shit before, and wanted no more of it. But he wasn't a bully. A bully wouldn't have reacted to strongly.
He was probably someone who had appeased the bully for far too long, suffering months or years of abuse. As far as I'm concerned all he did was flush a turd. Sadly, he'll probably go to jail for it, when IMO he should be given a medal.