Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Religion & Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-31-2012, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
Thanks for that. Someone was just blathering about my signature joke not being funny a couple days ago, and maybe it isn't. But when you make it specific to those you disagree with, and add in the too dumb to strike a match part, it's a pretty good chuckle!
Several of us "blathered about it", myself included. It's highly offensive and severely lacking in any semblance of humor. In all candor, I'd have to say much the same thing about Pat's comment.

That being said, there's an important distinction to be made between a perhaps ill considered (I would say out of character) remark in a single post and something that someone consciously and with apparent deliberation appends to every single post he makes. The former may be anomalous but the latter is most definitely in character.

John
Old 11-01-2012, 01:12 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigerik View Post
Yeah, but we are talking about it. It is getting into the world press. Pressure from outside could build.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
They're sensitive to world opinion. A negative view of human rights in China can easily affect trade negatively. Sadly, not so much here in the Land of the Free.

John
The Chinese occupiers have a $30,000 bounty on any of these people who are comtemplating this form of suicide. I would say that they are very worried about public opinion, particularly here. We are their major market for all of the crap that they make.
Another craptastic idea that we can lay at Nixon's door along with that other idea of the medical care for profit industry. Scum of the earth, he was.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:53 AM

And yet, Romney makes Nixon look heroic.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:18 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I saw a poll a year or two ago, that the Chinese believe that the world loves them. Their news sources are heavily censored.

But the Middle Kingdom wants all to submit, like the good old days Till they're back on top, they will be sensitive - to a degree, as they can afford to be in any given situation.

Pete
Old 11-01-2012, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
I saw a poll a year or two ago, that the Chinese believe that the world loves them. Their news sources are heavily censored.

But the Middle Kingdom wants all to submit, like the good old days Till they're back on top, they will be sensitive - to a degree, as they can afford to be in any given situation.

Pete
Ah, yes! The Yellow Peril! Remember all the gulags and death camps the Chinese built throughout their globe spanning empire?

John
Old 11-01-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Several of us "blathered about it", myself included. It's highly offensive and severely lacking in any semblance of humor. In all candor, I'd have to say much the same thing about Pat's comment.

That being said, there's an important distinction to be made between a perhaps ill considered (I would say out of character) remark in a single post and something that someone consciously and with apparent deliberation appends to every single post he makes. The former may be anomalous but the latter is most definitely in character.

John
There certainly is an important distinction, and I pointed it out. There are those who wish ill of others, and those who do not. My joke does not wish hateful intentions or pain and suffering on a particular group. Check back through my postings for as long as you'd like, I don't do hate and I don't denigrate anyone unless they want to play ball, at which point I'll shove the bat up their ass.
Another important distinction is between those with a sense of humor and those without.
Those who know when to take something literally, and when not.

Wasn't that awful when Ralph Kramden would curl his fist in his wife's face and say "To the moon Alice!". What an awful, mean, hateful person he was, threatening extreme physical violence on his wife.
Give me a break.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:52 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Pete
Old 11-01-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
There certainly is an important distinction, and I pointed it out. There are those who wish ill of others, and those who do not. My joke does not wish hateful intentions or pain and suffering on a particular group. Check back through my postings for as long as you'd like, I don't do hate and I don't denigrate anyone unless they want to play ball, at which point I'll shove the bat up their ass.
Another important distinction is between those with a sense of humor and those without.

Wasn't that awful when Ralph Kramden would curl his fist in his wife's face and say "To the moon Alice!". What an awful, mean, hateful person he was, threatening extreme physical violence on his wife.
Give me a break.
I see! Jokes where the punch line is the death by burning of some unnamed person are funny. On the other hand, jokes in which you are the butt are in decidedly poor taste. I think I get it now. Jokes are always funnier after they've been carefully explained.

John
Old 11-01-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post

Pete
LOL!

See, now Pete here falls into the category of folks with a sense of humor.
As a master of fact, I think he also is the type who knows what to take literally.
Obviously, he's also a caring chap, what with his inquiry as to my extinguishing the flaming anonymous man.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Admin

Quote:
There certainly is an important distinction, and I pointed it out. There are those who wish ill of others, and those who do not. My joke does not wish hateful intentions or pain and suffering on a particular group. Check back through my postings for as long as you'd like, I don't do hate and I don't denigrate anyone unless they want to play ball, at which point I'll shove the bat up their ass.Another important distinction is between those with a sense of humor and those without.

Give me a break.
How's that bat tasting? Have you done finished lickin' it clean?