Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-04-2017, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Funny how people like Flynn and Jared Kushner keep remembering things they forgot to include on their disclosure forms.
Flynn amended his federal financial disclosure late yesterday yet another time and Mueller has been a fixation on his rear view mirror. Either this guy is stupid or is getting legal advice from Trump. Or is it a case of once you start with a lie, you need to continue lying? Either way this guy seems to be toast and probably Kushner is next.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...mepage%2Fstory
Old 08-04-2017, 10:18 AM

Looking more and more like this witch hunt is finding witches.
Old 08-04-2017, 04:25 PM

Exclusive: FBI tracked 'fake news' believed to be from Russia on Election Day

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/04/politi...ing/index.html
Old 08-04-2017, 09:05 PM
Admin

"Investigators working for the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, recently asked the White House for documents related to former national security adviser Michael T. Flynn, and have questioned witnesses about whether he was secretly paid by the Turkish government during the final months of the presidential campaign, according to people close to the investigation.
Though not a formal subpoena, the document request is the first known instance of Mr. Mueller’s team asking the White House to hand over records.
In interviews with potential witnesses in recent weeks, prosecutors and F.B.I. agents have spent hours poring over the details of Mr. Flynn’s business dealings with a Turkish-American businessman who worked last year with Mr. Flynn and his consulting business, the Flynn Intel Group." NY Times

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/04/u...T.nav=top-news

Lock his ass up!
Old 08-05-2017, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
"Investigators working for the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, recently asked the White House for documents related to former national security adviser Michael T. Flynn, and have questioned witnesses about whether he was secretly paid by the Turkish government during the final months of the presidential campaign, according to people close to the investigation.
Though not a formal subpoena, the document request is the first known instance of Mr. Mueller’s team asking the White House to hand over records.
In interviews with potential witnesses in recent weeks, prosecutors and F.B.I. agents have spent hours poring over the details of Mr. Flynn’s business dealings with a Turkish-American businessman who worked last year with Mr. Flynn and his consulting business, the Flynn Intel Group." NY Times

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/04/u...T.nav=top-news

Lock his ass up!
Pardon me!
Old 08-05-2017, 10:33 AM

Looks like Trump has thrown down the gauntlet and seeking refuge among his deplorables (name fits) from his speech in Virginia beach and tweets. From Bloomberg:
Quote:
“They’re trying to cheat you out of the leadership that you won with a fake story that is demeaning to all of us and most importantly demeaning to our country and demeaning to our Constitution,” Trump told a cheering crowd in Huntington, West Virginia, Thursday night. “I just hope the final determination is a truly honest one.”

He followed up Friday morning on his Twitter account by highlighting a cable news commentator predicting a national “uprising” if a member of Trump’s family is indicted.
The last comment is truly atrocious and somehow plants the concept among his flock that Trump and his family are above the law. Like who really is going to stand up for the Junior and the Prince? National uprising my arse.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...be-accelerates
Old 08-09-2017, 09:33 AM
Admin

"FBI agents raided the Alexandria home of President Trump’s former campaign chairman late last month, using a search warrant to seize documents and other materials, according to people familiar with the special counsel investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election.
Federal agents appeared at Paul Manafort’s home without advance warning in the predawn hours of July 26, the day after he met voluntarily with the staff for the Senate Intelligence Committee.
The search warrant was wide-ranging and FBI agents working with special counsel Robert S. Mueller III departed the home with various records." WP

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.fc9db93ec2f5

Drip, drip, drip.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:39 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
"FBI agents raided the Alexandria home of President Trump’s former campaign chairman late last month, using a search warrant to seize documents and other materials, according to people familiar with the special counsel investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election...
If and when Mueller flips Manafort and Flynn, the whole house of cards that is the Trump crime family is toast.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:51 AM

Gonna make one helluva movie. Will it play in Peoria?
Old 08-09-2017, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
If and when Mueller flips Manafort and Flynn, the whole house of cards that is the Trump crime family is toast.
Manafort has been neck deep in Ukrainian politics and his daughter's iPhone was hacked and posted on the dark web. So there is a lot out there he cannot run away from. Flynn OTOH had already folded earlier. Could be very interesting since what other choices do they have?