Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-30-2013, 11:02 PM

I should have added guns and gun memorabilia also!
Old 09-30-2013, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmanKardon View Post

It is not the American customers job to design, to build reasonable and rational cars. This is the job of the car engineers. The American customer's job is to buy such American cars - if available.

Not if they don't like them. I'm going to drive what I like to drive, not what some engineer ''thinks I should like''.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:37 AM
Mutated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
Not if they don't like them. I'm going to drive what I like to drive, not what some engineer ''thinks I should like''.
hillbilly the customers would like what engineers develop when the product makes sense to them in many respects.

Erik - thanks for the post, rich and clarifying.

merrylander, JJIII thank you for your English & American English lessons.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:46 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
Regardless of what you drive, it's what "some engineer thinks" you should like. It doesn't matter if that engineer lives in Michigan, Germany or Japan or wherever. And virtually every vehicle on the road is already subject to state and federal standards.

Grow up and face it. It's how the world is and always be from now on.

Dave
Old 10-01-2013, 07:27 AM
Mutated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Regardless of what you drive, it's what "some engineer thinks" you should like. It doesn't matter if that engineer lives in Michigan, Germany or Japan or wherever. And virtually every vehicle on the road is already subject to state and federal standards.

Dave
This is one of my cars, it is 35 years old. I like it because it is a rare classic car but I am not interested in what engineers had in mind when they designed it in the early seventies...

Generally I think that you are right, as far as I understand your point of view.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg audi.jpg (58.4 KB, 11 views)
Old 10-01-2013, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmanKardon View Post
This is one of my cars, it is 35 years old. I like it because it is a rare classic car but I am not interested in what engineers had in mind when they designed it in the early seventies...

Generally I think that you are right, as far as I understand your point of view.
Which city has "OG" on the license plate? In the US "OG" means "Old Gangster"
Old 10-01-2013, 09:24 AM

HarmanKardon in the USA VW and Audi have a reputation for unreliability and expensive repairs these days. Japanese cars are seen as much more reliable.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:20 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
HarmanKardon in the USA VW and Audi have a reputation for unreliability and expensive repairs these days. Japanese cars are seen as much more reliable.
And yet they are still popular............

Something tells me the Japanese and Koreans could start building cars that smell like shit, don't last 5 years, are butt ugly and they would still outsell everything else, at least for a few years. The reason is because our society is full of morons who think anything foreign is inherently better.

This is not to say Germans and Japanese don't make nice products, because they do. My point is that I have met a sickening amount of Americans who think "Made in the USA" is something to be avoided at all costs. They'll pay far too much for a ragged out, beat-up ten year old Mercedes that costs them $1,500 every time something breaks rather than buy a Dodge. It's idiotic and just a little more than crazy, but once Americans get something in their heads they keep on doing it long after it no longer makes any sense. Look at our politics and our great love of sticking to archaic healthcare systems, trickle down economic theory, our silly fractional measurement system and the entire list of backwards shit that we still do if you don't believe it.........................

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 10-01-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post

Dave
Don't tell me to grow up. You the one who can't give up your v8. :-) seriously, I work on vehicles, I drive what I don't have to cuss while working on it or spend money when it rarely asks for a thing. I may have to work on other people's cars but I don't have to own one of them.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:35 PM
Area Man

I apologize for the brutal tone of my previous post, Dave.

Today has not been a good day.

Dave