Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-22-2009, 10:12 AM
Resident octogenarian

So the Prez has so much spare time that he should not combine things? W sure as hell spent a hell of a lot of Air Force 1 dollars in his 8 years and not all of it was for the benefit of taxpayers.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spasmo55 View Post
A little something in regards to the original intent of the thread. Please pay particular attention to paragraph 5.

http://news.lp.findlaw.com/ap/a/w/11...002027_36.html

I guess Hillary hired travel people for the prez from her time in the "House", hey!!
The original intent of this thread was to suggest that the financial stability plan was racist and only helped minorities. That was substantiated by the ravings of some kookoo who was shown to be lying.

I don't see the connection to the link you posted. Nor do I see the point. If you'd like to have your jaw drop a bit examine how Cheney used this kind of provision. Not to mention W.

Last edited by Fast_Eddie; 10-22-2009 at 10:16 AM.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:00 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
The original intent of this thread was to suggest that the financial stability plan was racist and only helped minorities. That was substantiated by the ravings of some kookoo who was shown to be lying.

I don't see the connection to the link you posted. Nor do I see the point. If you'd like to have your jaw drop a bit examine how Cheney used this kind of provision. Not to mention W.

No that was not my intent. I can see how or why you took it that way.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:57 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I'm from the goobermitt and I'm here to help.

Besides, you're doing the wrong thing...you're trying to help yourself. Quit working so hard.

"Sit down on your ass, light up a Camel, this is the promised land"...FDR

Chas

Did he really say that? That's awesome.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Did he really say that? That's awesome.
Glenn Beck says he did.

Chas
Old 10-22-2009, 04:06 PM
Resident octogenarian

And as usual Beck is full of that smelly brown stuff, I lived through FDR's administrations, and that is more than that wet behind the ears a-hole can say.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:37 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Glenn Beck says he did.

Chas
Figures.

Beck should wear a diaper on his head, 'cuz more shit comes from his mouth than anywhere else.

Dave
Old 10-23-2009, 01:09 AM

Beck never said that, as far as I know. It was part of an old joke.

Amazing how the smallest of things can invoke so much rage.

BTW, wife just returned from "the home for the criminally insane", said she had to put two of her "clients" in restraints and had to write up two others.

Is it a full moon tonite?

Chas
Old 10-23-2009, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post

"Our Tax Dollars at Work" See the relevance of my link?

Expected type of replys: Wellllllll, W did it, Cheney did it, blah, blah, blah.

I was looking for "CHANGE" as promised. Most employers would not be real happy if you went out while on the clock trying to raise money for your buddies, or look for another job for yourself or friends.

He is paid to administer the Federal Gov't, not his Party. Remember how many times you have read in this forum "He is our President", once elected let the DNC run the party, you run the country.

It has become excepted practice that politicians can do shit way outside their job description on the taxpayers dime, perhaps that is one reason they can't do shit within their job description well.

Why the F**K should we as taxpayers except this practice!!!

Now tell me again about all the things our government does well. I keep forgetting because I'm not seeing it.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spasmo55 View Post
"Our Tax Dollars at Work" See the relevance of my link?

Expected type of replys: Wellllllll, W did it, Cheney did it, blah, blah, blah.

I was looking for "CHANGE" as promised. Most employers would not be real happy if you went out while on the clock trying to raise money for your buddies, or look for another job for yourself or friends.

He is paid to administer the Federal Gov't, not his Party. Remember how many times you have read in this forum "He is our President", once elected let the DNC run the party, you run the country.

It has become excepted practice that politicians can do shit way outside their job description on the taxpayers dime, perhaps that is one reason they can't do shit within their job description well.

Why the F**K should we as taxpayers except this practice!!!

Now tell me again about all the things our government does well. I keep forgetting because I'm not seeing it.
The pot calling the kettle black, or "my way or the highway...it's my turn now", are not arguments which are conducive to a constructive political discourse.

But if you have a case of the ass, and are of a notion to start a fight, they work as well as anything.

Don't want to point any fingers, not to mention that I'm as guilty as anyone...but what's say we play nice in the sandbox?

Until, of course, I've had a bad day, I'm drunk, pissed off, but still have enough of a grasp on reality to realize that picking a fight on the internet is far wiser than shootin' up the "hood".

Chas