Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-23-2014, 05:19 PM
Jigsawed

Oh here it is.

Langone was threatening the Pope via Cardinal Dolan with withdrawal of
financial support because of the Pope's statement:Money must serve, not rule.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1562984
Old 03-23-2014, 05:22 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Oh here it is.

Langone was threatening the Pope via Cardinal Dolan with withdrawal of
financial support because of the Pope's statement:Money must serve, not rule.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1562984
Sounds like the other kind of 'Don' that New York is notorious for.
edit - No offense to the wonderful Italian American folk.

Last edited by bobabode; 03-23-2014 at 05:28 PM.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:34 PM

The principle difference between Langone and the rest of the oligarchs is that he's totally open in his contempt for the rest of us. Most of his buddies at least make a show of concern for their fellow man.

John
Old 03-23-2014, 05:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
^Straight from the Rush Limbaugh talking points instruction manual, my friend.^

I don't want their money, I want opportunity for the American worker, fair and equitable opportunity, not the "You'll have to take what I feel like paying because you need me more than I need you. And I'm an insufferable tightwad.", kind of arse banging they're offering.

And, I'm sick and tired of listening to their damned whining about taxes. The taxes they pay are not hurting them. that's nothing but pure, unmitigated BS. If this were the case, they wouldn't have gotten rich in the first place. Hell, the friggin' crybabies don't even pay what they are asked to pay, get away with it and still bitch.

Reagan and the Bushes gave them their candy ass tax cuts and they want more, like screaming little brats reaching for the cookie jar. If we give them another round of cuts, next year, they'll start their crying and demand more. Don't give the little shits what they demand and they put people in the unemployment line and trash the economy. They have become little more than spoiled punks who do next to nothing for us anymore. So why should we give a shit, anymore?

You're the ignorant one who refuses to deal with reality. Not me. I see the game. It's like our wealthy have formed their own union to demand that which they have no need for....FROM US.

FIGURE IT OUT.

Dave

PS, I do and always have worked, you assumptive, ass kissing shithead.
Dave your making it damn if they do damn if they don't. If they pull their money off the table you don't like it. If they invest and hire you don't like how much they might pay. I wouldn't invest my money either.

I have a thought get off your ass pull your money out of stocks. Get a business going and listen to some ingrate dick weed tell you that they wan't more money lol.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:59 PM
Admin

Is the sock puppet still spouting off about bootstrapping his way into the 1%?
Old 03-23-2014, 06:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholland View Post
I ain't quite done yet, but pretty close.

You all sure do or find stuff I never even heard of before. But for some reason in your minds I do.<I did not post this in a good way. It's called usless clutter of the brain.

We have been trying to drill that into your thick skull since you have been here, but you refuse to educate yourself and admit that you are brainwashed.

OK, so a billionaire spent a few million on a new house and some toys. Big fucking deal. The rest of the billions are not being spent on creating jobs and investing in the economy, even though that is the SOLE REASON his taxes are down from the 70+ percent he was paying before Reagan.

As I stated earlier, the reason for the HUMONGOUS drop in taxes they received was to invest in the economy. We don't want their money, we want them to do what they are supposed to with it. If they were using the money for what it was intended for the average person would have enough money to purchase the things necessary to stimulate the economy. The 1%, hell even the top 5% can't grow the economy on their own. They need the peons to be able to buy their stuff. That is how they get their money to begin with.

We don't disagree. You disagree. You are a spoon-fed brainwashed idiot.

It isn't a liberal website, your views are just so full of shit and to the right that the average republican is a liberal to you.
Useless attitudes winning about what others are not doing for the population. all the while sitting on there ass waiting for the next government intervention.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Is the sock puppet still spouting off about bootstrapping his way into the 1%?
Your Fact Checker is the sock puppet shoving propaganda in your brain.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:14 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
The principle difference between Langone and the rest of the oligarchs is that he's totally open in his contempt for the rest of us. Most of his buddies at least make a show of concern for their fellow man.

John
Tone deaf describes the oligarch class, at least in private. Everyone got a good hard look at them during that fundraiser where Romney matter-of-factly dismissed 47% of the U.S. citizenry as moochers and takers. Sure is funny how some never got that memo and have convinced themselves to be serfs to rich.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:21 PM

Shit. Doesn't look like I can ignore people from my phone.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigerik View Post
Shit. Doesn't look like I can ignore people from my phone.
Well, that really sucks!

John