Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-30-2013, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
It is different this time.
You may be right; however, it ain't all clear sailing. Once the full effect of recent policies are felt, thus, demonstrably shown to not be congruent with the stated benefits things could change politically. Moreover, simply waiting for the unsustainability of current policy to come to fruition also has political implications. I'd also argue that the GOP will not remain such an easy target.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Huh? Whazzup, BH? No numbers available past 2008?

BAM!
I was looking for something outside the current numbers. We all know what's happening now in the Senate. Everyone in that once august body ought be pilloried in the town square.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:36 AM
Admin

Quote:
It is different this time.

Indeed my friend. The voters got a good, long and hard look at the Rapey Party and had it not been for the intense gerrymandering, 1.4 million? We would be talking about a Democratic House. Oh well, there's the midterms coming up. Judging by the sheer number of emails that I'm still receiving way after the November elections, the Democratic machine is continuing full bore and flat out. Just 33 seats in the House and three in the Senate, my friend.

The Aurora/Portland/Newtown effect is also killing any pie in the sky wet dreams of a repeat of the 2010 Tea Party creepshow. The NRA is helping us progs with both hands, verily. Lapierre is the Dems best friend politically is how I see it. None of these Republicants are going to listen to Bobby Jindal and if they do? His crass message will come back to haunt them. Keep it up Whigs. Enjoy your irrelevance.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:05 AM
Resident octogenarian

What no one has noted is that under the Constitution as long as this insane polarization exists this country will self destruct. The Framers assumed that we would all put the country before party. In truth they really did not see the rise of "party". Now it seems to be "ME, Lobby, Party, Country" with strong emphasis on ME.

Just so housing prices keep on rising so I can sell out and go back home.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:08 AM
Area Man

Quote:
You must not be watching what is going on in politics.
When Aiken said that comment about legitimate rape he was being intellectually honest.
That is what many of his type of Republicans believe...but were afraid to say it. Moderate
Americans know what is going on and so do women. Unless the Republicans change what they believe you will not see the Senate going to them.

It is like this thing about disenfranchising the voter through changing the electoral college in an attempt to decrease the power of the Obama coalition. It smells of evil and that is why the Republicans will not be able to win back the Presidency...African Americans, Latinos, women, gays and others get really pissed off when they feel that a political party is trying to take away their vote.

You think that sort of action by the GOP is helping them win back the Senate? You need recognize that what has happened to the Republican Party in California is starting to happen nationwide. Why do you think that Rubio, McCain and Graham are working with Schumer on immigration? They see the writing on the wall. And they are afraid of the never winning the Presidency again.

Hillary and a Latino running mate? It is over for anyone, including Christie. Your only hope is too fat, and Rubio may be Hispanic but his political beliefs are not connecting with Latinos. He has to change.
So, basically, what you're saying is that by the time the GOP finishes changing it's ways so it can get the votes..........there won't be much difference between the GOP and the Dems?

Regards,
Dave
Old 01-30-2013, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
So, basically, what you're saying is that by the time the GOP finishes changing it's ways so it can get the votes..........there won't be much difference between the GOP and the Dems?

Regards,
Dave
The only thing changing with the GOP is"fixing" how votes will be counted. Stacking the deck because they don't care about 99% of the country. Figure changing the laws and districts for elections is the way to go.

Barney
Old 01-30-2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post

Regards,
Dave
yes..and that is a good thing if you are a Democrat
Old 01-30-2013, 10:05 AM

Quote:
yes..and that is a good thing if you are a Democrat
I don't see that happening any time soon. I think the wild out of control slew to the right has a while left to run. It's going to get a lot worse here before it gets better - if it ever does.

The Right's crazy behavior keeps working for them. Case in point: Reed is backing away from gun control legislation as fast as he can. If anything actually makes it to the floor at all it'll be a watered-down joke. Chalk up another one for Crazy Wayne!

Anyone hear about the guy in Alabama who just killed a school bus driver and kidnapped one of the kids? The shit-for-brains redneck gun nut is holding the child, a total stranger, as a hostage in his "bomb shelter".

John
Old 01-30-2013, 10:28 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Lolol and boohoohoo

The dems said the GOP was finished after Obamas first win then got their butt handled to them in '10. But please, be overconfident.

Plus, you can always say we cheated when you lose, so it's actually win/win for you guys after a fashion.

Pete
Old 01-30-2013, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Lolol and boohoohoo

The dems said the GOP was finished after Obamas first win then got their butt handled to them in '10. But please, be overconfident.

Plus, you can always say we cheated when you lose, so it's actually win/win for you guys after a fashion.

Pete
You cheat when you lose too.