Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-25-2018, 02:22 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Ironically, I'm presently table sitting at a gun show. Very little attitude or political BS.
I think it's finally sinking in, gone is the assumption that they are entrenched in the majority. The swagger is gone. Most of the gun nuts in my life are sliding into panic mode, my partner at work ran out and bought an AR-15 last weekend and claims to have ordered a bump stock. I don't know what for, the guy already has a pile of miscellaneous firearms under his bed.......and in his closet, in the wifes Prius, the Dodge Ram and God knows where else. (But, NO, it's not fear!). My nephew suddenly and very politely wants to know what everybodies thoughts are after calling names an insulting people at last years Christmas party. Haven't heard from my tough guy brother in weeks. I'm pretty sure he's holed up in the house peering out through the blinds gun in hand, awaiting the massive snowflake uprising.
Old 03-25-2018, 07:17 AM
Mutated Member

There are currently 357 millions of guns on American soil. Thinking of this number there will probably never be a satisfying solution on this issue. But knowing that millions of people all over the world (Berlin!) were marching against gun violence is a good sign anyway - and it is likely that the situation could improve if one day common sense will become a serious threat for the NRA lobby.

As others said before - let these countless US kids get old enough in order to be permitted to vote...

Last edited by HarmanKardon; 03-25-2018 at 07:20 AM.
Old 03-25-2018, 07:25 AM
Mutated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
People all over the world are affected by the topic - so America is not alone!

...by the way... a lot of dictators in the recent history did not pay attention to the marches in their countries - which never was a healthy attitude, at last the American people will tar and feather their orange dictator as well...

Last edited by HarmanKardon; 03-25-2018 at 07:30 AM.
Old 03-25-2018, 08:27 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I think it's finally sinking in, gone is the assumption that they are entrenched in the majority. The swagger is gone. Most of the gun nuts in my life are sliding into panic mode, my partner at work ran out and bought an AR-15 last weekend and claims to have ordered a bump stock. I don't know what for, the guy already has a pile of miscellaneous firearms under his bed.......and in his closet, in the wifes Prius, the Dodge Ram and God knows where else. (But, NO, it's not fear!). My nephew suddenly and very politely wants to know what everybodies thoughts are after calling names an insulting people at last years Christmas party. Haven't heard from my tough guy brother in weeks. I'm pretty sure he's holed up in the house peering out through the blinds gun in hand, awaiting the massive snowflake uprising.
I got a good laugh from...awaiting the massive snowflake uprising.
Old 03-25-2018, 09:05 AM

If the bubba revolution didn't come with the previous bubba loathed POTUS, it's not going to happen.
Old 03-25-2018, 09:52 AM

Two of the items on the table were bump stock type products. I didn't ever think this approach was anything but a work-around for the automatic fire mode weapon ban, but he is a single minded gun enthusiast hobbyist that didn't see them thus. My feeling was that was a matter of time before they, combined with high capacity magazines, enabled mass murder by "hosing" crowds with massive firepower from one shooter.
Old 03-25-2018, 11:06 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
If the bubba revolution didn't come with the previous bubba loathed POTUS, it's not going to happen.
You're particular bubbas are reactionary, not revolutionary, which makes them potential terrorists.

Last edited by nailer; 03-25-2018 at 11:13 AM.
Old 03-25-2018, 11:11 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
I got a good laugh from...awaiting the massive snowflake uprising.
Blizzards can be quite devastating as can avalanches.
Old 03-25-2018, 11:30 AM

Rick Santorum is as clueless and out of touch as Whell. Wants the kids to learn CPR instead of trying to “get someone else to solve their problem”. People actually voted for this moron?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/25/polit...ntv/index.html
Old 03-25-2018, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
You're particular bubbas are reactionary, not revolutionary, which makes them potential terrorists.
True, that.