Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
See earlier link to Green Bay / Chicago game. Also this:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...a1p7ktogwfftzs

...and this:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/09/24/cl...-protest-kneel

...and this:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/l...tional-anthem/

And there are others if you want to find them on your own.
Thanks, but there is nothing in those articles that says, "most fans see the actions of the players as disrespectful."
No poll numbers, no numbers period. Just the actions of some of the fans that get to see the game at the stadium. Which is what, maybe 1% of all the fans?
Old 10-01-2017, 10:21 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
I'll stop you right there because, A) you're getting so worked up that you might injure yourself, and B) because you're wrong, as usual. Try this:

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/p...them-in-week-1

All of the above was going on before Trump opened his "fat yap".
8 became 200 after your Cheeto Benito threw red meat to his racist base in Huntsville. I see you're proud to be associated with Alabama racists. Congratulations.
Old 10-01-2017, 10:25 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
See earlier link to Green Bay / Chicago game. Also this:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...a1p7ktogwfftzs

...and this:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/09/24/cl...-protest-kneel

...and this:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/l...tional-anthem/

And there are others if you want to find them on your own.
All this shows is the degree of jingoism and racial animosity still present in America. It still puzzles me how people get incensed about an inanimate piece of cloth being "disrespected" (by athletes silently and legally taking a knee (when kneeling heretofore has been viewed as a respectful gesture)) while supporting a draft-dodger when he criticizes John McCain and a Gold Star family. All this shows is that Trump is able to exacerbate racial divisions in this country and that there are people stupid enough to buy into his throwing of red meat.

Last edited by finnbow; 10-01-2017 at 10:35 AM.
Old 10-01-2017, 10:40 AM
Ready

Whell defends race-baiting. And I thought he could sink no lower.
Old 10-01-2017, 11:21 AM

I haven't had much to feel patriotic pride since this incompetent narcissistic self-serving toxic buffoon was foisted on the rest of us by a gullible statistical minority. The selfless protestation of civil injustice has been one of the few instances since the zombie Apocalypse began.

Last edited by Pio1980; 10-01-2017 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-01-2017, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Whell defends race-baiting. And I thought he could sink no lower.
I think Rush has been giving out free lobotomies. Can't think of a better explanation for whell's and his fellow dittoheads' undying support of a lying, cheating, racist narcissisist.
Old 10-01-2017, 01:53 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
I'll stop you right there because, A) you're getting so worked up that you might injure yourself, and B) because you're wrong, as usual. Try this:

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/p...them-in-week-1

All of the above was going on before Trump opened his "fat yap".
Do you really think this proves anything, or is this just Whell being Whell. The exponential increase in player participation in the protests following your Dear Leader's stupid comments in Alabama and on Twitter show the relationship. The increase in participation is beyond statistically significant. Knowing your history, I expect it is intentional misrepresentation of the facts.
Old 10-01-2017, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Has to be your dopiest comment ever. Trump had nothing to do with the players choosing to take a knee during the anthem. Trump had nothing to do with more and more players choosing to take a knee, sit, raise their fists, or stay in the locker room. The owners let their players make political statements on the field. Some owners then dug a deeper hole by joining their players.

Fact is, most fans see the actions of the players as disrespectful. For the owners to join them exacerbates the situation. If this continues, more and more fans will be alienated, and Trump will have had nothing to do with it. If the NFL had done what the NBA is doing - getting ahead of this - we wouldn't even be having this discussion

http://nypost.com/2017/09/30/nba-pla...tional-anthem/

Trump had nothing to do with the NFL and the owners mishandling this whole thing.
Trump cannot govern, he cannot keep his staff together and cannot get any legislation passed. If you think the the tax cuts are going to go through, think again.

The only thing Trump is good at is energizing his shrinking base and his go to theme is race baiting. After all his eight years of Obama birther experience paid dividends and why not go back to something that has worked for him.

Unfortunately as much as his base still worships him, they are ill educated and ignorant to realize that their will being is not in his playbook.

As to NFL, it is equal parts envy and convenience with 70% black players and I am guessing 90% white audience. Majority of Americans support the players cause, otherwise the owners would be giving the players marching orders. It's common sense.
Old 10-01-2017, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
8 became 200 after your Cheeto Benito threw red meat to his racist base in Huntsville. I see you're proud to be associated with Alabama racists. Congratulations.
I see you're proud to be associated with a bunch of highly - compensated children who think they're more important than the fans that pay to see them play. Congrats.

All Trump did was vocalize what fans were thinking. The players, as Dez Bryant pointed out, took to the field to protest against Trump during the national anthem. Thus, the week 3 protests were no longer about Kaepernick's original message. Again, bad choice by the players to choose the national anthem as the time to throw their little tantrum, and by the owners who let the get away with it.
Old 10-01-2017, 04:16 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
I see you're proud to be associated with a bunch of highly - compensated children who think they're more important than the fans that pay to see them play. Congrats.

All Trump did was vocalize what fans were thinking. The players, as Dez Bryant pointed out, took to the field to protest against Trump during the national anthem. Thus, the week 3 protests were no longer about Kaepernick's original message. Again, bad choice by the players to choose the national anthem as the time to throw their little tantrum, and by the owners who let the get away with it.
Exactly and that's the point I've been making all along. The demonstrations are now about the White Nationalist-in-Chief because of his race-baiting behavior in which he threatened their livelihoods in Alabama. They're protesting against this tasteless abuse of power and drawing them into a dispute they (mostly) want no part of.

Let me see if I have this straight. NeoNazis and the KKK demonstrate against the current state of race relations in the country (it's not racist enough for their tastes) under the flags of our enemies in the nation's two bloodiest wars and it's all about freedom of speech. Black athletes protest against the nation for not living up to its egalitarian ideals (in part by embracing a race-baiting president who equivocated on criticizing said NeoNazis and the KKK) and they're the ones who are unpatriotic and out of line? Your value system is all fucked up.

Last edited by finnbow; 10-01-2017 at 04:27 PM.