Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-21-2016, 09:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Better take an interpreter. Those Cubanos don't speak redneck.
Redneck???
Old 03-21-2016, 09:13 PM

red·neck

ˈredˌnek/Submit

noun NORTH AMERICAN informal derogatory
a working-class white person, especially a politically reactionary one from a rural area.
"rednecks in the high, cheap seats stomped their feet and hooted"
Old 03-21-2016, 09:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPots View Post
red·neck

ˈredˌnek/Submit

noun NORTH AMERICAN informal derogatory
a working-class white person, especially a politically reactionary one from a rural area.
"rednecks in the high, cheap seats stomped their feet and hooted"
You a neck?
Old 03-21-2016, 09:15 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by djv8ga View Post
Redneck???
When are you going to learn to take a joke?
Old 03-21-2016, 09:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
When are you going to learn to take a joke?
When you learn how to tell one...
Old 03-21-2016, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
The truth is that Che was a great and charismatic revolutionary fighter but far too nuts to work in the government. Basically, Fidel and Raoul knew early on that they needed to get rid of him but he was too popular to purge. The solution they hit on was to give him tasks at which he would both chafe and fail, then convince him to leave Cuba and spread the revolution to other parts of the world.

So, the Cuban government came out the winners. They got rid of a seriously loose cannon (who also happened to smell very bad), spread the fame of the Cuban revolution around the world and, with his eventual death, had a martyr around which build the cult of Che.
The history lesson was unnecessary, nor does it answer the question. The defacto leader of the free world allowing himself to be photo op'ed under the likeness of the blood thirsty poster child for communism really doesn't strike you as a bit tone deaf, huh?
Old 03-21-2016, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
The history lesson was unnecessary, nor does it answer the question. The defacto leader of the free world allowing himself to be photo op'ed under the likeness of the blood thirsty poster child for communism really doesn't strike you as a bit tone deaf, huh?
Screw the question and screw your hysterical rhetoric. They're both bullshit. The same people who are tearing their hair out over this visit think nothing of doing business with Saudi Arabia and say nothing about the public beheadings, lashings and disfigurements they inflict on their own people.
Old 03-21-2016, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
If he was white everyone would be doing high fives, like when Nixon went to China.

Have you noticed the GOP is not upset with Cuban immigration but hate immigration from the rest of Latin America? Cubans can stay as long as they reach our soil, automatically with no questions asked.
Has to be one of the most ill-informed (although maybe you were being purposefully obtuse?) posts ever. To compare Obama's visit to Cuba with Nixon's visit to China is either demagoguery or history revisionism.

At least until the Clinton administration, we had historically afforded Cubans who escaped Cuba and the Castro regime as refugees because to send the back was likely a death sentence. At least initially, many of these folks were not "illegal immigrants" but individuals fleeing from the likes of el Che and were granted political asylum. I hope you're not suggesting that most of the the folks coming over our southern border are political refugees and need to be granted asylum.
Old 03-21-2016, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Screw the question and screw your hysterical rhetoric. They're both bullshit. The same people who are tearing their hair out over this visit think nothing of doing business with Saudi Arabia and say nothing about the public beheadings, lashings and disfigurements they inflict on their own people.
So, tell it to Obama. He likes to go to Saudi Arabia and bow to the "royals" there.

The question is legit, by the way. I just suspect you don't like the answer.
Old 03-21-2016, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
So, tell it to Obama. He likes to go to Saudi Arabia and bow to the "royals" there.

The question is legit, by the way. I just suspect you don't like the answer.
It's the question I don't like. Here's the only answer you're going to get: constructive engagement. You clowns loved it when St. Ronnie did it.

And it worked.