Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-12-2020, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Insane View Post
I've seen posts on the internet by plenty of Karens that argue for that type of solution, yes. And that's part of the problem.
People say stupidly outlandish things for effect. If you buy into them, then you are part of the problem too.
Old 07-12-2020, 10:52 AM

The Cult leader finally wears a mask in public.

Old 07-12-2020, 10:56 AM
reflexionar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Insane View Post
And try to watch more George Carlin routines.
Funny you should mention him of all people. This one stands out.

"When it comes to bullshit, big-time, major league bullshit, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims, religion. No contest. No contest. Religion. Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story ever told. Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there’s an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever ’til the end of time!

But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He’s all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can’t handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good bullshit story. Holy Shit!

But I want you to know something, this is sincere, I want you to know, when it comes to believing in God, I really tried. I really, really tried. I tried to believe that there is a God, who created each of us in His own image and likeness, loves us very much, and keeps a close eye on things. I really tried to believe that, but I gotta tell you, the longer you live, the more you look around, the more you realize, something is fucked up.

Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed. Results like these do not belong on the résumé of a Supreme Being. This is the kind of shit you’d expect from an office temp with a bad attitude. And just between you and me, in any decently-run universe, this guy would’ve been out on his all-powerful ass a long time ago. And by the way, I say “this guy”, because I firmly believe, looking at these results, that if there is a God, it has to be a man.

No woman could or would ever fuck things up like this. So, if there is a God, I think most reasonable people might agree that he’s at least incompetent, and maybe, just maybe, doesn’t give a shit. Doesn’t give a shit, which I admire in a person, and which would explain a lot of these bad results."

Credit to:
George Carlin~Religion is Bullshit
Old 07-12-2020, 01:35 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Two more weeks of stories like this and all these anti-maskers will quietly put on masks. Just like that.

County Commissioner who voted against masks in critical condition with COVID
Get 'em while they're hot
And for the non-Southerners

Last edited by RickeyM; 07-12-2020 at 01:41 PM.
Old 07-12-2020, 04:13 PM

Pathologist found blood clots in 'almost every organ' during autopsies on Covid-19 patients

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/10/healt...ebar_expansion

A nasty disease. Totally preventable, just wear a mask and socially distance.
Old 07-12-2020, 04:56 PM
Ready

Oh yes. Big does of blood thinners are a standard part of attempts to manage this stuff.
Old 07-12-2020, 05:27 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholland View Post
Funny you should mention him of all people. This one stands out.

"When it comes to bullshit, big-time, major league bullshit, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims, religion. No contest. No contest. Religion. Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story ever told. Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there’s an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever ’til the end of time!

But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He’s all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can’t handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good bullshit story. Holy Shit!

But I want you to know something, this is sincere, I want you to know, when it comes to believing in God, I really tried. I really, really tried. I tried to believe that there is a God, who created each of us in His own image and likeness, loves us very much, and keeps a close eye on things. I really tried to believe that, but I gotta tell you, the longer you live, the more you look around, the more you realize, something is fucked up.

Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed. Results like these do not belong on the résumé of a Supreme Being. This is the kind of shit you’d expect from an office temp with a bad attitude. And just between you and me, in any decently-run universe, this guy would’ve been out on his all-powerful ass a long time ago. And by the way, I say “this guy”, because I firmly believe, looking at these results, that if there is a God, it has to be a man.

No woman could or would ever fuck things up like this. So, if there is a God, I think most reasonable people might agree that he’s at least incompetent, and maybe, just maybe, doesn’t give a shit. Doesn’t give a shit, which I admire in a person, and which would explain a lot of these bad results."

Credit to:
George Carlin~Religion is Bullshit
Lovely stuff. These is a serious argument in there, of course, against the usual god, the all knowing, all powerful creator guy.....
Old 07-12-2020, 05:49 PM
Ready

A COVID story, posted on FB by Stacia Hehenberger.
‐‐--‐---‐-------
In March, our entire family became sick with COVID-like symptoms. Our oldest son started with fever, sore throat, nausea, headache and mild cough. Within 48 hours, all 5 of us were sick.

Our 8 year old was last to start with symptoms and his case was the most mild of all of ours. If it hadn’t been for the entire family being sick and the threat of COVID, I wouldn’t have even called the pediatrician.

We waited until day 7 to have him tested. He was the only one of us still sick. He tested negative for both flu and COVID. We figured it was just a case of bad luck and a nasty virus and waited for it to pass.

On day 14, I urged our 8 year old to come for a walk with me. He’d been in bed for two weeks and I thought he’d feel better if he got up and started moving a little. We got 3 blocks into our walk and my soccer playing, American ninja loving, constantly moving boy asked to go home because he was tired. He wasn’t even sure if he could make it the 3 blocks back to the house. He had to sit on the curb. When we did get home, I called the pediatrician again.

Today is July 10th and it marks day 108 for our boy.

He runs a fever every day. We have blackout curtains and extra blankets hung on his windows because sometimes his head hurts so bad that any splinter of light feels like a knife. He has lost 10 pounds and now takes medication to keep his appetite up and drinks Orgain for calories. He has muscle pain and aches. He feels like he will pass out if we try a bike ride or walk on a trail near our house. He climbs in the pool with his brothers for a few minutes but then gets chills and crawls back under the blankets in his room until he’s warm again. He gets nauseous being in the car for any duration.

He’s exhausted.
All of the time. But he has trouble sleeping because he feels so awful.

He’s 8 and doesn’t have enough energy to play outside, ride his bike, read a book or stand up for too long.

He’s been through an onslaught of tests, lab work and procedures to rule out pretty much anything that could possibly cause these symptoms for this long. Every single test has come back normal.

His chest xray gave the only clue- peribronchial thickening indicative of COVID.

He barely had a cough.

I write this because I’m sick of hearing people complain about wearing a mask or rattle off a talking point about children not being effected by COVID.

It’s true that children are not dying at a high rate. What’s not true is that children have not died. And what is also categorically false is that children are not effected.

I’m seeing it with my own eyes.

We don’t know if our son’s illness will last another week or if this is now a chronic condition. No one can tell us. No one has the answers.

The truth is, we don’t know what this disease does yet. We have only just begun to understand how COVID-19 acts in the early phases. We are clueless as to what this virus does to our bodies, and our children’s bodies in the long run.

So, please.
Stay home if you’re able.
Don’t go to Disney when it opens.
Don’t throw birthday parties and invite all the friends.
Don’t follow the advice of politicians.
Wear a freaking mask.

These are not hard things.

You can do it. I believe in you.
There’s an 8 year old in Florida that has been in bed for 108 days and he believes in you too.

EDITED TO ADD:
1. For those asking what they can do, all we ask is that you follow CDC recommendations and take precautions to slow community spread.
2. For those inquiring about other diagnoses, we have been through complete work ups for 100s of other potential causes and are very confident in our team of doctors and health care providers.
3. For those confused about a negative COVID test result but evidence of the virus on radiological findings, I'd encourage you to do some digging on your own. False negatives are not all that uncommon and the pediatric population has not been widely tested in the US. He was tested once in March, 7 days after his fever began and when the test was negative, COVID was tabled and the spec ialists moved on to ruling out other causes- as was appropriate. Once all of those potential causes were ruled out through EXTENSIVE testing (cancer, mono, bartonella, fever syndromes, autoimmune disorders, other infections, PANS, Lyme etc), we've come back to the original thought and luckily more and more data is coming out regarding this type of pediatric inflammatory response post COVID.

Our family thanks you all for the support and well wishes. We are reading them all.

Last edited by donquixote99; 07-12-2020 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Fix ******** insertion by system here
Old 07-12-2020, 06:05 PM

Sadly, stories like these won't faze the OP and those like him, as sociopaths are incapable of empathy.
Old 07-14-2020, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
A COVID story, posted on FB by Stacia Hehenberger.
‐‐--‐---‐-------
In March, our entire family became sick with COVID-like symptoms. Our oldest son started with fever, sore throat, nausea, headache and mild cough. Within 48 hours, all 5 of us were sick.

Our 8 year old was last to start with symptoms and his case was the most mild of all of ours. If it hadn’t been for the entire family being sick and the threat of COVID, I wouldn’t have even called the pediatrician.

We waited until day 7 to have him tested. He was the only one of us still sick. He tested negative for both flu and COVID. We figured it was just a case of bad luck and a nasty virus and waited for it to pass.

On day 14, I urged our 8 year old to come for a walk with me. He’d been in bed for two weeks and I thought he’d feel better if he got up and started moving a little. We got 3 blocks into our walk and my soccer playing, American ninja loving, constantly moving boy asked to go home because he was tired. He wasn’t even sure if he could make it the 3 blocks back to the house. He had to sit on the curb. When we did get home, I called the pediatrician again.

Today is July 10th and it marks day 108 for our boy.

He runs a fever every day. We have blackout curtains and extra blankets hung on his windows because sometimes his head hurts so bad that any splinter of light feels like a knife. He has lost 10 pounds and now takes medication to keep his appetite up and drinks Orgain for calories. He has muscle pain and aches. He feels like he will pass out if we try a bike ride or walk on a trail near our house. He climbs in the pool with his brothers for a few minutes but then gets chills and crawls back under the blankets in his room until he’s warm again. He gets nauseous being in the car for any duration.

He’s exhausted.
All of the time. But he has trouble sleeping because he feels so awful.

He’s 8 and doesn’t have enough energy to play outside, ride his bike, read a book or stand up for too long.

He’s been through an onslaught of tests, lab work and procedures to rule out pretty much anything that could possibly cause these symptoms for this long. Every single test has come back normal.

His chest xray gave the only clue- peribronchial thickening indicative of COVID.

He barely had a cough.

I write this because I’m sick of hearing people complain about wearing a mask or rattle off a talking point about children not being effected by COVID.

It’s true that children are not dying at a high rate. What’s not true is that children have not died. And what is also categorically false is that children are not effected.

I’m seeing it with my own eyes.

We don’t know if our son’s illness will last another week or if this is now a chronic condition. No one can tell us. No one has the answers.

The truth is, we don’t know what this disease does yet. We have only just begun to understand how COVID-19 acts in the early phases. We are clueless as to what this virus does to our bodies, and our children’s bodies in the long run.

So, please.
Stay home if you’re able.
Don’t go to Disney when it opens.
Don’t throw birthday parties and invite all the friends.
Don’t follow the advice of politicians.
Wear a freaking mask.

These are not hard things.

You can do it. I believe in you.
There’s an 8 year old in Florida that has been in bed for 108 days and he believes in you too.

EDITED TO ADD:
1. For those asking what they can do, all we ask is that you follow CDC recommendations and take precautions to slow community spread.
2. For those inquiring about other diagnoses, we have been through complete work ups for 100s of other potential causes and are very confident in our team of doctors and health care providers.
3. For those confused about a negative COVID test result but evidence of the virus on radiological findings, I'd encourage you to do some digging on your own. False negatives are not all that uncommon and the pediatric population has not been widely tested in the US. He was tested once in March, 7 days after his fever began and when the test was negative, COVID was tabled and the spec ialists moved on to ruling out other causes- as was appropriate. Once all of those potential causes were ruled out through EXTENSIVE testing (cancer, mono, bartonella, fever syndromes, autoimmune disorders, other infections, PANS, Lyme etc), we've come back to the original thought and luckily more and more data is coming out regarding this type of pediatric inflammatory response post COVID.

Our family thanks you all for the support and well wishes. We are reading them all.
One anecdotal story. There are flu stories like this. It is terrible when this sort of thing happens to a family. It doesn't mean the world should come to a stop every time something bad happens to someone that could have been avoided, technically.

Frankly, I'm shocked that you think such a story should have an impact on our opinion on what should be done about the virus. Should I tell you the story of my wife and brother with the flu? Should their experience be used to convince people that we should shut the world down because of the flu? Of course not.

But the fact that you think that anecdotal story would somehow move us beyond our feelings for the tragedy in that family really tells me more about your response to this sort of thing than about anything else.

Decisions on this sort of thing are made based on EMPIRICAL evidence. And the graph a page down on this link nails it. This thing is essentially done:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ekly/index.htm