Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex E. View Post
While I'm sure you believe myself and mp and a few others to be full on libs you are wrong.

I'd be willing to bet you every single thing you own that you could not find one person here that does not want their employers to make a profit, a person profit I am talking about.

The issue is, the amount of profit versus what they pay the people that make the profit for them.

Let's say a guy is making $10 an hour. That is roughly $19,200 a year. Now lets say the owner or CEO or what ever is bringing home $2 million a year. You do not see an issue there? You don't think that the CEO guy could bump up the employee pay double to $20 with out really effecting their "take home" much?

Do you understand how much that guy making $20 versus $10 an hour will do better for the entire country?

This is pretty simple Econ 101 kinda stuff.......
I would not like that very much either.

But, I think some on here have delusions about how much people make in small businesses. The reality is that if you were making $2 million a year in a small business it would last about a nano second and then everybody and his brother would be doing whatever you were doing to make that.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroJunk View Post
I would not like that very much either.

But, I think some on here have delusions about how much people make in small businesses. The reality is that if you were making $2 million a year in a small business it would last about a nano second and then everybody and his brother would be doing whatever you were doing to make that.
Well...that is the real issue here.

I'm not sure how much economics you have been involved in but your outlook is completely mico when it comes to economics.

The country is run via macroeconomics. Trying to equate your personal budget to the Federal Gov't or a small business (ie 10 or less employees) to the major corporations just will not work. They are not the same and they never will be.

You may want to step outside that bubble and check out a macroeconomics 101 book and maybe a couple beyond it.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Well...that is the real issue here.

I'm not sure how much economics you have been involved in but your outlook is completely mico when it comes to economics.

The country is run via macroeconomics. Trying to equate your personal budget to the Federal Gov't or a small business (ie 10 or less employees) to the major corporations just will not work. They are not the same and they never will be.

You may want to step outside that bubble and check out a macroeconomics 101 book and maybe a couple beyond it.
Huh ? The major corporations have a small handful of officers that make big money. A friend of mine is CFO of a major corporation and counting stock options etc. makes $ 4 1/2 million a year. All of that is public record.

But, if you think a corporation with 20,000 employees is going to raise their labor rates because 5 or so officers make a lot it will never work that way.

I also have some friends that employ 5 to 100 people. It took them all their lives to work up to that and they have millions of dollars tied up in equipment.

Even then they make a good living, maybe a few hundred thousand a year.

So, how much do you think they should pay a brick layer or dozer operator.
Old 09-29-2013, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Huh ? The major corporations have a small handful of officers that make big money. A friend of mine is CFO of a major corporation and counting stock options etc. makes $ 4 1/2 million a year. All of that is public record.

But, if you think a corporation with 20,000 employees is going to raise their labor rates because 5 or so officers make a lot it will never work that way.

I also have some friends that employ 5 to 100 people. It took them all their lives to work up to that and they have millions of dollars tied up in equipment.

Union scale

Might want to take a look at the Japanese model. Seems to work very well for them. Folks at the top can only make a certain percentage more than folks at the bottom.
Old 09-29-2013, 11:04 PM

Quote:

Big Money is also relative, the guy making $35,000 a year and doing the work prolly see that guy that is making $200K a year to make bad decisions and more work for the little guy as making "big money"

You are still thinking within you're own little bubble.
Old 09-29-2013, 11:14 PM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
1. I don't perceive much actual thought from the prophetically named Zero Junk.
2. Bubble? Again, he's not thinking at all.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:13 AM
Area Man

The answer is--no, followed by; Who cares?

What is this, more of your "Holier than thou", shit?
Old 09-30-2013, 04:58 PM
Area Man

Quote:
While I'm sure you believe myself and mp and a few others to be full on libs you are wrong.

I'd be willing to bet you every single thing you own that you could not find one person here that does not want their employers to make a profit, a person profit I am talking about.

The issue is, the amount of profit versus what they pay the people that make the profit for them.

Let's say a guy is making $10 an hour. That is roughly $19,200 a year. Now lets say the owner or CEO or what ever is bringing home $2 million a year. You do not see an issue there? You don't think that the CEO guy could bump up the employee pay double to $20 with out really effecting their "take home" much?

Do you understand how much that guy making $20 versus $10 an hour will do better for the entire country?

This is pretty simple Econ 101 kinda stuff.......
Really, Paul? You don't think we'll all be better off working three jobs with no benefits as the nations wealth concentrates in the offshore accounts of a half dozen Plutocrats?

Now, that's just crazy talk.

Dave
Old 09-30-2013, 06:12 PM

I'm a business owner ( one of two major partners) with your 10+ employees. More then a democrat, I'd likely be considered to be an out and out pinko by most here.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:32 PM
Area Man

Quote:

That's completely ridiculous. What an utter waste of about $4.3 million/year. Embezzlement, plain and simple.

Oh, the poor things.

Only a few hundred thousand? I'm shocked. How can those poor babies manage on so little? THAT'S IT! I'm voting Republican from here on out. We've got to get those abused business folk some help, before they start resorting to cannibalism.

(You've led a very sheltered life, haven't you?)

Dave