Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 12-31-2011, 12:22 AM
Bigerik's Avatar
Bigerik Bigerik is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Upper Canuckistan
Posts: 2,180
Loved my old 10X5 on a Rega P25. I should have stopped there, but I just had to keep "improving" things. That Dynavector was the most fun cartridge I ever heard. It was all about the music. Those guys at Dynavector know what making a cartridge is all about.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-31-2011, 12:32 AM
BlueStreak's Avatar
BlueStreak BlueStreak is offline
Area Man
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Swamp
Posts: 26,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigerik View Post
Loved my old 10X5 on a Rega P25. I should have stopped there, but I just had to keep "improving" things. That Dynavector was the most fun cartridge I ever heard. It was all about the music. Those guys at Dynavector know what making a cartridge is all about.
Anthem Pre L1 w/EH 6922 gold pins, a pair of Adcom 555s bridged for mono running my Vandersteen 2Ce Sigs, all fed from a Musical Fidelty A3cd......The soundstage was breathtaking. Seriously. I had friends bringing cds over just to sit in the chair with eyes closed. "It's almost like I'm right there!", was a common comment.

Then, I got the itch to "upgrade"......................

Dave
__________________
"When the lie is so big and the fog so thick, the Republican trick can play out again....."-------Frank Zappa
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-31-2011, 09:44 AM
Charles Charles is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 10,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Anthem Pre L1 w/EH 6922 gold pins, a pair of Adcom 555s bridged for mono running my Vandersteen 2Ce Sigs, all fed from a Musical Fidelty A3cd......The soundstage was breathtaking. Seriously. I had friends bringing cds over just to sit in the chair with eyes closed. "It's almost like I'm right there!", was a common comment.

Then, I got the itch to "upgrade"......................

Dave
"Upgradeitis" is a serious affliction, expensive to treat, and impossible to cure.

My case has been in remission due to an even worse affliction known as "insuranceitis", which I've just brought under control for next year at a savings of $1,250 per month. I'm just hoping to regain my strength as I now have a case of "truckitis" which needs to be dealt with before I'm walking.

Chas
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-31-2011, 09:53 AM
merrylander's Avatar
merrylander merrylander is offline
Resident octogenarian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 20,860
My uppgadis days are over, the PX-2 with either a DL-160 or Signet TK5e or AT31e is musical enought when played through the CR-3020 and the NS-690s. More interested in concentrating of the playroom now.
__________________
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
Eleanor Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-31-2011, 03:02 PM
BlueStreak's Avatar
BlueStreak BlueStreak is offline
Area Man
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Swamp
Posts: 26,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
"Upgradeitis" is a serious affliction, expensive to treat, and impossible to cure.

My case has been in remission due to an even worse affliction known as "insuranceitis", which I've just brought under control for next year at a savings of $1,250 per month. I'm just hoping to regain my strength as I now have a case of "truckitis" which needs to be dealt with before I'm walking.

Chas
Well, that was back in the late '90s, early '00s when yours truly had more money than Daddy Warbucks.

Dave
__________________
"When the lie is so big and the fog so thick, the Republican trick can play out again....."-------Frank Zappa
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-31-2011, 04:40 PM
Charles Charles is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 10,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Well, that was back in the late '90s, early '00s when yours truly had more money than Daddy Warbucks.

Dave
I hear you buddy.

They've been shaking me by the ankles for some time.

Chas
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-31-2011, 04:45 PM
Charles Charles is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 10,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
My uppgadis days are over, the PX-2 with either a DL-160 or Signet TK5e or AT31e is musical enought when played through the CR-3020 and the NS-690s. More interested in concentrating of the playroom now.
Don't you run a Rega?

Chas
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-31-2011, 08:03 PM
BlueStreak's Avatar
BlueStreak BlueStreak is offline
Area Man
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Swamp
Posts: 26,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I hear you buddy.

They've been shaking me by the ankles for some time.

Chas
It was the artificially inflated price of housing that both made, then killed my source of "extra" income. See, if you toss a rock into the air, even if it leaves the airy part, it will eventually come back down. In August of '05, I figured home prices had outstripped the rise of incomes. Which could only mean one thing...........................

(Ladies and Gentlemen, I refer you to the last five years.)

...........so I sold the last house and got out.

The trick is in knowing when the game is over. I didn't really "lose" anything.
I simply went back to earning my money the old fashioned way.

With tools and sweat.

How many Wall Street types do you suppose would be willing to do the same?

None, would be my guess. They'd rather embezzle it from the taxpayer.
Too bad the bastards don't leap out of windows anymore.
That would have been preferrable.

Dave
__________________
"When the lie is so big and the fog so thick, the Republican trick can play out again....."-------Frank Zappa

Last edited by BlueStreak; 01-01-2012 at 03:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-01-2012, 08:07 AM
merrylander's Avatar
merrylander merrylander is offline
Resident octogenarian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 20,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Don't you run a Rega?

Chas
Yeah, a Planar 2 but it sits beside the PC so I can transfer vinyl to CD - only because the slot in the car radios are too small for vinyl.
__________________
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
Eleanor Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-01-2012, 08:10 AM
merrylander's Avatar
merrylander merrylander is offline
Resident octogenarian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 20,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
With tools and sweat.

How many Wall Street types do you suppose would be willing to do the same?

None, would be my guess. They'd rather embezzle it from the taxpayer.
Too bad the bastards don't leap out of windows anymore.
That would have been preferrable.

Dave
I think it was foresight on the part of architects, you can't open windows on tall buildings anymore - unfortunately. But then they would rather stand in the window drinking champagne, laughing at the "poor huddled masses".
__________________
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
Eleanor Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.