Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-30-2011, 01:46 PM

Never got the point of the primaries anyway. Y'all are taking a very simple thing, and making it very complicated. And expensive.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Stupid bastards.

Chas
Both sides are getting dumber by the day. Toothless oaths are worthless IMHO. The GOP ought be able to easily win in 2012, but they'll undermine their chances by infighting and coming up with idiotic ideas like this oath.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:28 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
Both sides are getting dumber by the day. Toothless oaths are worthless IMHO. The GOP ought be able to easily win in 2012, but they'll undermine their chances by infighting and coming up with idiotic ideas like this oath.
I dunno how easy it would be. Despite Mitch McConnell's best efforts, the economy is getting better.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 12-30-2011, 05:53 PM
Area Man

Not surprised.

Did anyone else here hear Rick Santorums summation of what "family" means in the national context?

It would seem America is NOT about individualism and individual thought;
It's about acting as a team, like the Marines, "....the Marines, the most successful fighting force on earth, are like one big family acting as one. And that's what America is about....Family." (Paraphrased)

As one who has served in the military.
It's not a family. It sure as hell is not Jeffersonian Democracy.
The military governing structure is authoritarian, invasive and absolute.
It's all about keeping your piehole shut and doing as you're told.

Which is more like...........Anybody?

Be afraid of these clowns. Seriously.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 12-30-2011 at 05:56 PM.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:52 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Not surprised.

Did anyone else here hear Rick Santorums summation of what "family" means in the national context?

It would seem America is NOT about individualism and individual thought;
It's about acting as a team, like the Marines, "....the Marines, the most successful fighting force on earth, are like one big family acting as one. And that's what America is about....Family." (Paraphrased)

As one who has served in the military.
It's not a family. It sure as hell is not Jeffersonian Democracy.
The military governing structure is authoritarian, invasive and absolute.
It's all about keeping your piehole shut and doing as you're told.

Which is more like...........Anybody?

Be afraid of these clowns. Seriously.

Dave
Another GOP chickenhawk. Can you imagine following that asshat dweeb into battle? I'd frag his ass in a heartbeat.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Another GOP chickenhawk. Can you imagine following that asshat dweeb into battle? I'd frag his ass in a heartbeat.
That's why I always liked folks like Geronimo and "Bloody Bill" Anderson.

They didn't conscript nobody, if you went with them it was of your own accord, provided they allowed you to go with them in the first place.

Besides, they could identify the enemy, which was pretty much anyone who tried to bull 'em around. They may have slit your throat because they didn't like the look on your face, but they weren't lemmings.

Hobbes would have been proud!!!

And in case anyone wonders, now that my sub is dialed in, my Soundsmith Dynavector, while exhibiting a certain amount of low level hum, truly embarrasses my DL-160.

IMHO, of course,

Chas
Old 12-30-2011, 09:01 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
That's why I always liked folks like Geronimo and "Bloody Bill" Anderson.

They didn't conscript nobody, if you went with them it was of your own accord, provided they allowed you to go with them in the first place.

Besides, they could identify the enemy, which was pretty much anyone who tried to bull 'em around. They may have slit your throat because they didn't like the look on your face, but they weren't lemmings.

Hobbes would have been proud!!!

And in case anyone wonders, now that my sub is dialed in, my Soundsmith Dynavector, while exhibiting a certain amount of low level hum, truly embarrasses my DL-160.

IMHO, of course,

Chas
A 10X5 HOMC? Hmmm. I'm running a DL-160 on my Pioneer PL-41 and like it well enough (for now). Waiting in the wings is a AT95 with a Jico Shibata stylus. I'm not sure if it will be a move up, down or sideways, but I got a great deal on it.

Last edited by finnbow; 12-30-2011 at 09:50 PM.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
A 10X5 HOMC? Hmmm. I'm running a DL-160 on my Pioneer PL-41 and like it well enough (for now). Waiting in the wings is a AT95 with a Jico Shibata stylus.
It's not a 10X5, it's a 10A with the Soundsmith median grade retip, ruby cantilever with a nude fine line.

I've tried to research the cartridge, but it's like they never made one. All I know is it must be one of the first Dynavectors ever made, has the "large magnet", weighs 13 grms, and I have my SME IIIs pushed to it's limits, including the paddle in the silicone bath, to get it to work.

Which isn't surprising, as the IIIs is made for low mass high compliance cartridges, like my Super 40, VMS 30 MKII, 2M Blue, or my AT-440ML.

If my memory serves me correctly, isn't the AT 95 considered to be one of the best budget cartridges ever made?

Once again, If my memory still serves me, I did some work on a Phillips 212??? for a buddy of mine and installed a AT 95 on it's reputation. And for shits and grins I slapped the AT 440 on an old Project One table I had and we tested them toe to toe is the "shop".

The 440 murdered the 95. It also murdered the collection of Grado's I used to own (up to the Gold), including a Supertrack III with a new stylus, also the VMS 30, and it held it's head high with the Super 40 and the 2M Blue.

But the DL-160 was a noticeable improvement. And my current bastard Dynavector murders them all.

I don't know it I would be so quick to ditch the DL-160. It's a helluva cartridge. And when run on my Bellari 129 instead of the internal Van Alstine phono pre I use it on, I'm not so sure it doesn't eclipse my Dynavector.

But what do I know...I'm just a drunk with a rekkerd player.

Chas
Old 12-30-2011, 10:12 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

The AT95 does have a fine reputation for a low compliance, low cost MM cartridge. It's supposed to be noticeably better with aftermarket JICO hyperelliptical or Shibata stylii. I picked up one of these early this year for $99 and look forward to trying it out:

http://www.lpgear.com/product/LPGAT95SA.html
Old 12-30-2011, 11:18 PM
Area Man

I bought one of those Sonus Gold Cartridges from ehoove for my Luxman PD264. Needed a high compliance cart for the Lux and at $95, I figured it would do. Turns out it's a perfect match. Very musical and lively sound. Not as accurate or clean sounding as the ClearAudio Aurum Beta S Wood on my Pro-Ject---but killer for $95.

Still fighting the good fight with my SEP tubed Akai monoblocks. I get one right, something zaps on the other. For the brief period they were both up and running, the sound was sublime. Even through those cheap Magnavox speaks I use on the workbench. There's just something about a good tube amp.........................

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 12-30-2011 at 11:23 PM.