Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-06-2018, 12:44 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Election Day

I hope everyone here participates.

One side of me says voting ought to be mandatory, the other side says that wouldn't be quite right.
Old 11-06-2018, 01:03 PM
Admin

Voted straight (D) last Saturday. I hope to see Putin's favorite congressman, Dana Rohrabacher - Ca.48 go down in flames.
Old 11-06-2018, 03:23 PM
Admin

Just fed the troops down at our polling station. Philly Cheesesteaks all around!
I'll do a coffee run later.
Old 11-06-2018, 03:56 PM

I think that like a lot of Democratic voters today, we're all hopeful of course but still have an almost sick feeling in our stomachs because we understand that this election is possibly the most important of our lifetimes. The types of campaigns we've seen hasn't been witnessed since the days of George Wallace. I don't think we even dare to imagine what the consequences will be if Democrats don't take the House.

Once the results are final, we can begin to relax and hopefully celebrate a huge victory. A Republican majority in the House is precisely what's been wrong for the past two years. Having all three branches of government have given this disgusting man free rein to do whatever he wants and to take whatever financial rewards he can. There has to be some form of checks and balances for an autocratic government otherwise we're no longer a democracy. A Democratic House will do that and more. I'm hopeful that once the dust settles and Democrats are controlling the House Intelligence Committee and House Judicial Oversight, there will be lots and lots of subpoenas flying out left and right to every person the Republican Intelligence Committee let slide by without answering a damned question. This time around, it will be different and all the Trump kids will be subpoenaed in addition to Lewandowski, Stone, Bannon and others who got away scott free from answering the real questions. This time their feet will be held to the fire with Adam Schiff as Chair and Devin Nunes muzzled.

Then there's the Mueller investigation which will no longer be silenced because of the upcoming midterms. And once Jeff Sessions is fired, Mueller will be next so I hope he keeps his index finger poised over the 'send' button on his computer.
Old 11-06-2018, 04:13 PM

Voted almost two weeks ago. Straight Democratic also against a balanced budget amendment that was on the ballot.
My fear is with the Republicans on this Trump crazy train. There by being all in, with everything to loose and not above cheating to win.
Will!
Old 11-06-2018, 05:44 PM
Admin

'First Democratic flip of the night: Guam governor!'

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...ampaign=recent
Old 11-06-2018, 06:38 PM

Hoping for some accountability for this babbling narcissistic nincompoop of a vicious media clown.
This brand of mob populism must cease, a dangerous substitute for tempered balanced governance.

Last edited by Pio1980; 11-06-2018 at 06:55 PM.
Old 11-06-2018, 06:50 PM

I voted a straight D ticket today. We need more than a Blue Wave, a Progressive Revolution is what we need.
Old 11-06-2018, 07:11 PM
Admin

Another one bites the dust...
Barbara Comstock R loses to Jennifer Wexton D in the Va.10th district
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...=.569bacf50637

Last edited by bobabode; 11-06-2018 at 07:15 PM.
Old 11-06-2018, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Another one bites the dust...
Barbara Comstock R loses to Jennifer Wexton D in the Va.10th district
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...=.569bacf50637
Quote:
She won by portraying the congresswoman as a Trump ally who was out of touch with a well-educated, diverse electorate that has begun to shift the district to the left.
That's about the crux of it. If the well-educated, diverse electorate across the country gets out and votes, we can overcome the ignorant, hateful, racist Trumpkin Repubes. Fingers and toes crossed. Our very democracy is at stake tonight.