Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2018, 12:22 PM

“President@realDonaldTrump a no-show because of raindrops? Those veterans the president didn’t bother to honor fought in the rain, in the mud, in the snow — & many died in trenches for the cause of freedom. Rain didn’t stop them & it shouldn’t have stopped an American president,” wrote former Secretary of State John Kerry, a veteran of the Vietnam War.

Where are you, Trumpkins?! Step right up and defend your boy! Chicken?
Old 11-11-2018, 12:27 PM

Democrats to investigate whether Trump administration sought to punish AT&T, Amazon

Donny will go through hell the next two years. With any luck, he’ll be forced out, perhaps even wind up behind bars. Good. Will enjoy every minute of his pain, with great relish. Benghazi!

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/11/demo...tt-amazon.html
Old 11-11-2018, 01:38 PM

We live in interesting times indeed!
Old 11-11-2018, 03:59 PM

Old 11-11-2018, 06:06 PM

A significant historical event and we have to send an inarticulate narcissistic babbling nincompoop with his bellicose coarse bombast as our representative .
How I miss the previous POTUS' quiet informed dignity.

Last edited by Pio1980; 11-11-2018 at 06:27 PM.
Old 11-11-2018, 07:26 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
A significant historical event and we have to send an inarticulate narcissistic babbling nincompoop with his bellicose coarse bombast as our representative .
How I miss the previous POTUS' quiet informed dignity.
Amen to that.
Old 11-12-2018, 08:26 AM

Democrats load "subpoena cannon" with 85+ Trump targets

Donny’s going to be too busy for “executive time”, lol. I can’t imagine too many of his abused staff members will want to stick around for this. Besides, many of them will be subpoenaed, as well.

https://www.axios.com/house-democrat...588145198.html
Old 11-12-2018, 12:08 PM

Accountability is finally coming to the Trump administration. Its members should be terrified.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-be-terrified/

Quote:
If the Trump administration is a bastion of integrity and public-spiritedness, that’s what the investigations will reveal. And if the president himself has displayed nothing but the highest ethical standards and respect for law throughout his career, that’s what we’ll learn. The sense of dread spreading over the White House and the Republican Party right now isn’t because they think House Democrats will waste everyone’s time with these investigations; it’s because they know there’s so much misbehavior to be uncovered. The public deserves to see and understand all of it, and if that winds up hurting Republicans, they have only themselves to blame.
Old 11-12-2018, 12:32 PM
Admin

I must've missed it but didn't the president participate in the Presidential wreath laying ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier? No?

Must've rained.

Last edited by bobabode; 11-13-2018 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-13-2018, 11:00 AM

Trump is cracking
By Jennifer Rubin
Opinion writer
November 12 at 1:45 PM

Quote:
Meanwhile, the press and the country at large should keep in mind that Trump acts out when he is weak, humiliated and cornered. He’s all those things right now:

His performance in Europe was panned.

The election results get worse for Republicans with each passing day.

His great North Korea diplomacy, contrary to the gullible pundits and political spinners, was a bust. (He was snookered.)

We now have two major Middle East problems — Iran and out-of-control Sunni despots who think (not unreasonably) they can lead him around by the nose.

He is not winning the trade war, and it may be one of many factors leading to an economic pullback before the 2020 election.

Mueller plows ahead, with possibly more indictments (e.g., Roger Stone, Donald Trump Jr.). The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York (aided by Michael Cohen’s cooperation) has its own case(s) to pursue against Trump and/or his helpmates.

Obamacare is here to stay. It’s more popular than ever, and red America has fallen in love with Medicaid expansion.

Trump’s finances are no longer protected from scrutiny, nor are his daughter and son-in-law’s.

In sum, we should continue to tally Trump’s constitutional offenses just as we keep a running count of his lies. However, these offenses are part of a bigger picture of a failing president and a party incapable of breaking with him. Trump is cracking up, as is the GOP.