Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-13-2015, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
No doubt for the same reasons I don't.

A big wet kiss with a cyanide pill under their tongue. Medicare Expansion? State Exchanges?
Medicaid expansion - as written in PPACA - was problematic for reasons that had been previously tested before the courts. The Feds could not essentially threaten states with loss of funding to compel compliance with PPACA's mandate to expand Medicaid. As far as the State Exchanges, while there was funding / grant money available to help states set up exchanges and the states were encouraged to set up exchanges, exchanges were one step short of unfunded mandates. The states had to figure out how to pay for the exchanges over the long term. As many states are starting to find out, funding is proving difficult, particularly in states that charged a fee to enrollees where enrollment failed to meet projections. Besides, at the end of the day the state exchange language in PPACA was ultimately a concession to Bill Nelson, a conservative - but hardly a Blue Dog - Democrat. The concession was necessary to get his 60th and deciding vote to pass PPACA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
And the "Blue Dogs" certainly did some serious damage, as well as the Senator from Aetna Joe Lieberman but the Republicans in both houses worked strenuously to defeat the legislation.
The legislation passed and the Repubs never had the votes to stop PPACA or even steer it. Whatever they did to "strenuously defeat the legislation" isn't relevant. Beyond the Blue Dogs, the Dems had to work hard to put together the votes in their own caucus for PPACA, and that took a hell of a lot of sausage - making.
Old 05-13-2015, 06:37 PM
Banned

So what do you want whell? You're like every other right-wingjob or GOP politician. THIS SUCKS!!! Of course it sucks. We're Americans...we're wealthy and stupid enough to have more stuff that sucks than any other people on earth.

But WTF do you want? You want no ACA, you want no single payer...you want it to be the good old employer sponsored, for profit insurance driven, for profit service provider, twice as expensive for shit outcomes system that we've had since the end of WWII? That's what you want? Because if you don't have a plan...you really just need to quitcher pissing and moaning and do something really important like most of your fellow Americans...grab a beer from the fridge and go watch the fucking NFL draft on the TeeVee or something.
Old 05-13-2015, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
So what do you want whell?
If I have to post it again, it will be about the 4th or 5th time I've done so.
Old 05-13-2015, 06:49 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
I agree with you on this.

Increasing the income for the non working investor class off the backs of the sick and dying does not need be said again.
Old 05-13-2015, 08:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
You don't have to do anything. Its a web forum.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 05-15-2015 at 07:11 AM.