Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-10-2015, 11:10 AM

2 mississippi officers fatally shot; 3 suspects arrested

HATTIESBURG, Miss. (AP) -- Two Mississippi police officers were shot to death during an evening traffic stop turned violent, a state law enforcement spokesman said Sunday. Three suspects were in custody, including two who are charged with capital murder.

The deaths of the officers are the first to hit the southern Mississippi city of Hattiesburg in three decades - and come amid a national debate on policing, race and the use of deadly force, following the recent killings of unarmed black men by police in Missouri, South Carolina and elsewhere.

The officers' deaths also follow by a day the funeral of a New York City officer who was shot in the head while stopping a man suspected of carrying a handgun.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...05-10-09-09-56

Cops have a bitch of a job. Not only do they have to face the prospect of getting shot when doing a routine part of their job, but then they get to listen to the media, and some wonderful folks like you, second guess them and call them every name in the book.

Hope this is a reminder of what some folks do to keep some of you safe so you can sit comfortably in your homes and hate them for it.
Old 05-10-2015, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
HATTIESBURG, Miss. (AP) -- Two Mississippi police officers were shot to death during an evening traffic stop turned violent, a state law enforcement spokesman said Sunday. Three suspects were in custody, including two who are charged with capital murder.

The deaths of the officers are the first to hit the southern Mississippi city of Hattiesburg in three decades - and come amid a national debate on policing, race and the use of deadly force, following the recent killings of unarmed black men by police in Missouri, South Carolina and elsewhere.

The officers' deaths also follow by a day the funeral of a New York City officer who was shot in the head while stopping a man suspected of carrying a handgun.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...05-10-09-09-56

Cops have a bitch of a job. Not only do they have to face the prospect of getting shot when doing a routine part of their job, but then they get to listen to the media, and some wonderful folks like you, second guess them and call them every name in the book.

Hope this is a reminder of what some folks do to keep some of you safe so you can sit comfortably in your homes and hate them for it.
Dangerous, yes, but not as dangerous as many other kinds of employment. Regardless, the inherent danger of police work is no excuse for the grotesque excesses we learn of on a daily basis. In fact, they almost certainly have the effect of increasing the danger to policemen and women.

And I think you're wonderful too, Mikey.
Old 05-10-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Dangerous, yes, but not as dangerous as many other kinds of employment. Regardless, the inherent danger of police work is no excuse for the grotesque excesses we learn of on a daily basis. In fact, they almost certainly have the effect of increasing the danger to policemen and women.
BS. There have always been those who despise law enforcement. It's not like cop killers had their genesis after Ferguson.
Old 05-10-2015, 11:32 AM
Admin

Looks like Whelly had a big fat steaming bowl of bitch for breakfast this morning.
Old 05-10-2015, 11:36 AM

And there have always been murderous, THUG police......ever look into the history of the police....where they come from, what they did.....
Old 05-10-2015, 11:39 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Looks like Whelly had a big fat steaming bowl of bitch for breakfast this morning.
Oh he's reveling in this.

It made his day to see that these cops got killed.

It serves to provide him with justification for all the Police brutality that has ever occurred in the past plus all future police brutality.
Old 05-10-2015, 11:58 AM
Ready

The redemptive power of martyrdom! Call it magic! Call it...a heaven-sent miracle!

By their deaths we are damned, and conservatives are saved. PTL!
Old 05-10-2015, 12:05 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex E. View Post
And there have always been murderous, THUG police......ever look into the history of the police....where they come from, what they did.....
Especially in Mississippi.

Old 05-10-2015, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
BS. There have always been those who despise law enforcement. It's not like cop killers had their genesis after Ferguson.
And it's not like excessive force by the police began with Ferguson either.

What I said was that the increased awareness of endemic police brutality has concomitantly increased the danger that the police face, not that it created it.

You don't understand anything, do you?
Old 05-10-2015, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex E. View Post
You mean slave patrols?