Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-07-2015, 11:32 AM

Mr "Hands Up. Don't Shoot." arrested

ST. LOUIS — The friend who was with Michael Brown on the day the unarmed African American teen was shot and killed by a white police officer has been arrested.

Dorian Johnson was arrested Wednesday afternoon, KSDK-TV reported. Police had been called to check on a group of people who were possibly armed with guns. Johnson was accused of approaching an officer to keep him from making an arrest, and police say he also threw suspected narcotics onto the ground.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...sted/70929034/
Old 05-07-2015, 11:58 AM
Admin

Ho hum.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:00 PM

You must be very, very happy.

Interestingly, the people who recorded both Eric Garner's and Freddie Gray's murders at the hands of police and several people who have videoed police abuses in Ferguson have been harassed by the police and arrested on false charges.

Of course, there's no way that Dorian Johnson would be subjected to the same sort of persecution. That could never happen. I have no doubt that he "interfered with a police officer in the performance of his duties" and that the "suspected narcotics" on the ground couldn't possibly have been dropped by the police.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:03 PM
Admin

How is Mr. Johnson "Mr. Hands up, Don't Shoot", Whell?
Old 05-07-2015, 12:14 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Interestingly, the people who recorded both Eric Garner's and Freddie Gray's murders at the hands of police and several people who have videoed police abuses in Ferguson have been harassed by the police and arrested on false charges.
It's happening all over.

It seems the cops don't like being recorded.

http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/3...ing-the-police
Old 05-07-2015, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
How is Mr. Johnson "Mr. Hands up, Don't Shoot", Whell?
I believe Dorian Johnson was the first to testify that Mike Brown raised his arms in surrender. This has now been "discredited" in the eyes of haters like whell, even though the autopsy evidence suggests that it's the truth.

"Hands up. Don't shoot.", however, was the mantra of the peaceful protesters in Ferguson, not Dorian Johnson.

But let whell have his little jokes anyway. His life would be so empty without them.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
It's happening all over.

It seems the cops don't like being recorded.

http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/3...ing-the-police
From the article linked above:

Quote:
Reporters speak of an "epidemic" of police violence in Black communities. But there isn't one, at least not in the dictionary sense of a disease that breaks out at a particular time. What we have is an old, deadly sickness suddenly subject to an unprecedented degree of exposure. The idea of a sudden "outbreak" of police violence - beginning with the killing of Michael Brown in 2014 or Ramarley Graham in 2012 or Oscar Grant in 2009 - mistakes the moment many White Americans were forced to start paying attention to this crisis for the moment it emerged.

Police violence isn't new - nor is the impunity with which it's treated by the legal system - but the current level of public concern over its prevalence is. And individual acts of filming the police have played a big role in that change.
And that's why the citizen videographers and whistle blowers are being persecuted. They're interfering with business as usual.
Old 05-07-2015, 01:00 PM

Quote:
I believe Dorian Johnson was the first to testify that Mike Brown raised his arms in surrender. This has now been "discredited" in the eyes of haters like whell, even though the autopsy evidence suggests that it's the truth.

"Hands up. Don't shoot.", however, was the mantra of the peaceful protesters in Ferguson, not Dorian Johnson.

But let whell have his little jokes anyway. His life would be so empty without them.
Hater, huh? Is that the best you've got? I've seen you spew quite a bit of ill-will and venom on this forum lately than just about anyone, by the way.

Not to re-open the whole Ferguson nightmare, but there's plenty of room on both sides of the aisle for the belief, based on the facts, that "hands up don't shoot" was built on a lie. And that lie then took on a life of its own, fueled by media malpractice and others with their own agenda, that resulted in damaged lives and damaged property. For example:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...michael-brown/

You don't even need to be a "hater" to know it.
Old 05-07-2015, 01:02 PM

Quote:
From the article linked above:

And that's why the citizen videographers and whistle blowers are being persecuted. They're interfering with business as usual.
Truth-out, huh? I might as well start posting from Breitbart.
Old 05-07-2015, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Hater, huh? Is that the best you've got?
It's all you deserve.