Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-04-2015, 12:38 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
It's even likely that she viewed an attack on the event as a desirable outcome.
I'd say the chances of that are better than average.
Old 05-04-2015, 12:58 PM
Mutated Member

Killers as a part of PR? How sick is that? This person seems to be evil from the fucking bottom of her heart.
Old 05-04-2015, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
We either support free speech, or we don't. Outside of threats or "shouting fire in a theater" type dangerous speech, when we start suggesting that somebody, anybody, can start qualifying what speech isn't protected, us "liberals" will hate it as much as anybody. And the whole concept will be in trouble.

Back in the 90's there was a student exhibit at the Art Institute of Chicago. One of the kids had this display where the only way into it was through a narrow passage with an American flag on the floor you had to walk on to get in. It was quite a kerfuffle. Some idiots were screaming that the entire Art Institute should be shut down. A local art critic's response was, "Look, if you don't like it, don't go. But this is the United States of America, not the United States of Good Taste."
Nor apparently and repeatedly proven, the United States of common sense or common courtesy.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 05-04-2015, 01:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
The thing about free speech is that it's a thing that the government must not prevent. This is far from the same thing as protecting it from public protest. No, I don't think the actions of the two shooters in Texas is legitimate protest. That doesn't mean that someone exercising their right to free speech is absolved from any responsibility for whatever they say.

In the light of recent events like the Charlie Hebdo and Boston Marathon massacres, Geller must have anticipated that the reaction to this infantile "contest" could be violent in the extreme. The police presence at the event should be ample proof of that. It's even likely that she viewed an attack on the event as a desirable outcome.

In my opinion, Geller bears an equal share of the blame to that borne by the dead shooters. Thank God it's only they who are dead. It could have been a lot worse.
Bull fucking hockey. There's no shared responsibility for the sick behavior of religious fanatic homicidal maniacs.
Old 05-04-2015, 01:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Nor apparently and repeatedly proven, the United States of common sense or common courtesy.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
As with everything it depends on the situation and the often poor excuse for human beings involved.
Old 05-04-2015, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
You always were a haughty one Cats, trying to impress everyone with your name dropping.

What you haven't realized yet, is that on this forum you are way out of your league.
Mercy!
You guys are pretty harmless - although if was working for Uncle Sam I'd prob. keep tabs on you, just so I know when one of you are about to try to earn your "I am somebody" merit badge by hopping over the white house fence wearing your "F*&K (cause of the week)" T - shirt while carrying a life size inflatable Gumby and a copy of Das Kapital.
Old 05-04-2015, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Bull fucking hockey. There's no shared responsibility for the sick behavior of religious fanatic homicidal maniacs.
Explain why.

If you wave a red flag at a bull and the bull charges you and gores you, are you in any way responsible for the outcome? If the bull charges and gores the person standing next to you, are you in any way responsible for that person's injury?
Old 05-04-2015, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catswiththum View Post
Mercy!
You guys are pretty harmless - although if was working for Uncle Sam I'd prob. keep tabs on you, just so I know when one of you are about to try to earn your "I am somebody" merit badge by hopping over the white house fence wearing your "F*&K (cause of the week)" T - shirt while carrying a life size inflatable Gumby and a copy of Das Kapital.
Well, land's sakes alive, Magnolia! Are y'all capable of any little bitty thing 'sides ad hominem attacks and the ridiculous Southern Belle persona you adopt 'round here?
Old 05-04-2015, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Well, land's sakes alive, Magnolia! Are y'all capable of any little bitty thing 'sides ad hominem attacks and the ridiculous Southern Belle persona you adopt here?
Oh, please. Do I really have to say it? Pot, kettle, etc.
Old 05-04-2015, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catswiththum View Post
Oh, please. Do I really have to say it? Pot, kettle, etc.
You can say anything you like.