Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-09-2011, 09:16 AM
Resident octogenarian

This is what we settled for, picked up the land (4.47 acres) about 25 years back, built the house in '89. Just had all the black pines in front and on the right cut down, going to rent a stump grinder when it is cooler. Red line is the property boundery on the right, white line is where we have already planted eight Nroway Spruce, plan to get ten more to replace the black pines.

Front to back the land drops fifty feet to the trees, house is 70 feet above the 100 year flood plain. We have a few hundred $$$ in black walnut back there.

Last edited by merrylander; 07-12-2014 at 01:38 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flacaltenn View Post
BUT -- It IS a threat of some magnitude.
How so? What are you talking about? Here's what I know for sure- if any UN agreement that infringed on anyone's right to own a gun were brought before Congress, it would be defeated.

The gun issue is just political red meat they drag down the road to get you bunch of dogs to chase their truck. There's nothing in it. No one has taken anyone's guns. Period. And no amount of Sarah Palin revisionist history will change that. They're playing you, and you're happy to be played.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:45 PM

Hey Fast Eddie: You been down in the rabbit hole or sumthing??

Quote:
Here's what I know for sure- if any UN agreement that infringed on anyone's right to own a gun were brought before Congress, it would be defeated.
Seein' as how treaty ratification only requires a SENATE vote and Prez signature -- ARE YOU SURE? A pissed-off defeated Obama could just make it his last right of office. How about if it came up back in 2009 say?

We have to try and determine who's on offense and who's on defense here. It does kinda matter to the game..

Anyway -- you're correct about a dog chasing a meat truck here (hopefully). But it just proves my point that the left only serves to fill the coffers of NRA
by toying with us so often. This UN gun grab will be good for several $MIL.

MerryLander: You behave yourself.. I always clean my weapons BEFORE I start drinking.. THEN -- when I'm nice and plastered, I jump on the 40HP tractor and go mowing sideways up the hill...
Old 06-08-2011, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Hey Fast Eddie: You been down in the rabbit hole or sumthing??

Seein' as how treaty ratification only requires a SENATE vote and Prez signature -- ARE YOU SURE? A pissed-off defeated Obama could just make it his last right of office. How about if it came up back in 2009 say?

We have to try and determine who's on offense and who's on defense here. It does kinda matter to the game..

Anyway -- you're correct about a dog chasing a meat truck here (hopefully). But it just proves my point that the left only serves to fill the coffers of NRA
by toying with us so often. This UN gun grab will be good for several $MIL.

MerryLander: You behave yourself.. I always clean my weapons BEFORE I start drinking.. THEN -- when I'm nice and plastered, I jump on the 40HP tractor and go mowing sideways up the hill...

I gave it a shot bush-hogging strait headed uphill, but ended up mowing zig-zagish when it spun out right before reaching the top and slid backwards to the bottom bouncing 2 feet off the ground over rocks along the way. I finally just picked one path I can climb up each time, and bush-hog a swath at a time heading down. Slow assed going only able to cut one direction, but I've outlived the last owner that put a tractor on it.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:02 PM

Ah. Of course. You have to stop reading all that crap your conservative buddies send in your email...

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/untreaty.asp

As usual, they're all worked up over nothing.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:36 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post

Sarah news! lol
Old 06-08-2011, 03:27 PM
Resident octogenarian

Oh dear, does this mean no black helicopters?
Old 06-08-2011, 04:29 PM

HillBilly:

I'm surprised so many folks around Nashville still have all their appendages. I imagine Vanderbilt has people driving up with a box load of spare body parts with grass stains every weekend.

My wife won't let me mow the hill that goes up to woods. I get some dude on one of those stand-up suicide mowers that gets it done in about 10 minutes..

Hey Fast-one:

I've got respect for Snopes.. The only thing they've debunked is that the treaty is already signed. It's not even already WRITTEN.. All the better for fund-raising and gun sales.. If there weren't lefties constantly trying to take our guns, America's arsenal would shrink to maybe only two guns per man/woman/child..
Old 06-08-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
HillBilly:

I'm surprised so many folks around Nashville still have all their appendages. I imagine Vanderbilt has people driving up with a box load of spare body parts with grass stains every weekend.

My wife won't let me mow the hill that goes up to woods. I get some dude on one of those stand-up suicide mowers that gets it done in about 10 minutes..

Hey Fast-one:

I've got respect for Snopes.. The only thing they've debunked is that the treaty is already signed. It's not even already WRITTEN.. All the better for fund-raising and gun sales.. If there weren't lefties constantly trying to take our guns, America's arsenal would shrink to maybe only two guns per man/woman/child..
Hey, what are you guys mowing. I'm not familiar with the terrain there in TN.
Have any pictures?
Old 06-08-2011, 07:26 PM

BHunter:

This'll give you an example of the rolling hills and all. Shot from the front porch. So the elevation above the road there is already about 25 feet. But the back yard keeps going up another 50 or 60 in elevation..

Guess why I left California?

Now I feel like a Weiner sending pix to strangers..

Last edited by flacaltenn; 06-08-2011 at 07:32 PM.