Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-02-2009, 06:59 AM
Resident octogenarian

There is only thee and me and I am none to sure about thee.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
If alien life is traveling to us they are here for only one reason, resources.
Whatever that may be to them.

All life forms us other lifeforms energy for their own energy if the can. In fact they look for ways to. Why would life forms from other planets be benevolent? The stupidest thing I have ever heard. If they were here they would be here to benefit themselves.
You're like the general in the '50s sci-fi flick who has his artillery fire on the saucer because - hey, ya never know - they might not wanna make friends.

I grant you that it's hard to think outside the box of what motivates us as a species but I believe it's a mistake to assume that an alien (in every sense of the word) species would operate in accordance with the same imperatives as we do. In all the universe there are simply no.... universals.

Also, there are ways and there are ways to use the energy of other living things. Not all are parasitic, predatory or otherwise destructive of the life form being so used. Many are beneficial to all involved.

John
Old 11-02-2009, 05:05 PM

Old 11-02-2009, 05:13 PM

"ALL YOUR BASE BELONG TO US...." Gaaaaaaack !!
Old 11-02-2009, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
You're like the general in the '50s sci-fi flick who has his artillery fire on the saucer because - hey, ya never know - they might not wanna make friends.

I grant you that it's hard to think outside the box of what motivates us as a species but I believe it's a mistake to assume that an alien (in every sense of the word) species would operate in accordance with the same imperatives as we do. In all the universe there are simply no.... universals.

Also, there are ways and there are ways to use the energy of other living things. Not all are parasitic, predatory or otherwise destructive of the life form being so used. Many are beneficial to all involved.

John

Exactly!
Old 11-02-2009, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchetJack View Post
So, is this what Heston looks like now?

John
Old 11-03-2009, 05:48 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
I am? In what way? Maybe you are assuming to much from one post.

Quote:
Quote:
I grant you that it's hard to think outside the box
Actually my thought is outside the box of the popular belief although it is share by a large number in the scientific community.

Quote:
of what motivates us as a species but I believe it's a mistake to assume that an alien (in every sense of the word) species would operate in accordance with the same imperatives as we do.
and you base this on what? Why should we assume intelligent life from another world would be different than all life forms here? It's seems an odd leap you are making.

Quote:
In all the universe there are simply no.... universals.
Well we do know life is energy and in order to sustain energy (life force) all species convert other species energies for their own. Even things we do not consider life forms like stars charge material into energy to sustain itself.

Quote:
Also, there are ways and there are ways to use the energy of other living things. Not all are parasitic, predatory or otherwise destructive of the life form being so used.
Did I say otherwise?

Quote:
Many are beneficial to all involved.
Let's hope this is the case if intelligent life ever comes here.

Yes, anything is possible but the general thought that a an alien life form would be benevolent by nature although possible is similar to the leap of faith we make in following organized religion. It's possible but not probable.

In fact your thoughts are the ones not outside the box.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:51 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by painter View Post
Exactly!
Another well though out post.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:52 AM

I'm a firm believer that earth is the galactic tourism destination. We are the ultimate zoo. We have quaint little wars. Auto racing. Water. Either that or field trips for school kids to observe how not to treat your planet.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:33 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwood127 View Post
I'm a firm believer that earth is the galactic tourism destination. We are the ultimate zoo. We have quaint little wars. Auto racing. Water. Either that or field trips for school kids to observe how not to treat your planet.
Exactly!

Right now, the're up there in the mothership, smoking a joint, watching our government and laughing their asses off.

Dave