Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:07 PM

Cooler-but still pretty steamy-But we've had all the rain we SHOULDA had for about the last 10 years or so...When I say "cooler", I mean it's been 80-85 generally, instead of 85-95, so it's a matter of "degrees"-no pun intended.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:13 PM

If it hits 90 tomorrow as forecast, it will only be 3 days above the 90 mark this July.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:06 PM

Best I remember, back around '71, when I spent a couple of weeks around Smith Center driving a Massy 410 on the wheat harvest, it was plenty damn hot.

One other thing I noticed, you Redlegs had some mighty fine lookin' wimmen!!! Damn near converted me to the Union Cause!!!!

Chas
Old 07-23-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Best I remember, back around '71, when I spent a couple of weeks around Smith Center driving a Massy 410 on the wheat harvest, it was plenty damn hot.

One other thing I noticed, you Redlegs had some mighty fine lookin' wimmen!!! Damn near converted me to the Union Cause!!!!

Chas
They ain't too bad at all. I definitely married way out of my league. Ever been to Atlanta? I went there for a weekend audio meet once and damn, you absolutely could not spin a dead cat around your head without hitting a gal that was hotter than donut grease. It was unbelievable and I've never seen anything like it before or since. Damn near made me go Reb.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
They ain't too bad at all. I definitely married way out of my league. Ever been to Atlanta? I went there for a weekend audio meet once and damn, you absolutely could not spin a dead cat around your head without hitting a gal that was hotter than donut grease. It was unbelievable and I've never seen anything like it before or since. Damn near made me go Reb.
Well, it's good to see that at least ONE thing supersedes regional politics. Besides, the war's been over for damn near 150 yrs.

Chas
Old 07-24-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakiri View Post
The last time I can remember a summer as cold and damp as this one's been was in 1986, and I remember it well. It was the summer after the Chernobyl accident.

I think something's happened that nobody's telling us, most likely within the borders of North Korea.
The fire at Chernobyl was extreme enough to be picked up by satellite as a heat signature. At that time, as far as I know only the USA and the Russians had the equipment to do this, so the Russian government could deny everything and their people would believe it; at least for a while.

Could something on that scale, some kind of nuclear accident or whatever have happened in North Korea without enough people being aware of it to make a cover-up impossible?
Old 07-25-2009, 06:19 AM

Just a quick follow up; in the U.K. the coldest winter within the last 100 years was in 1947, following that was in 1963. I'm not talking about cold snaps; I'm talking about weeks, months even where the temperature stayed well below average. Not sure about A bomb tests in '47, but didn't you guys carry out a very powerful high level test in 1963?
Old 07-25-2009, 07:52 AM

I dunno, fellers...There was a "Twice-Told Tale" back in 1990-91 making the rounds in the "scanner" world-Guys who listen to scanners, hoping to catch a scrap from a gov't agency-about a "Faded Giant' or "Broken Arrow"...The story came out that a bunch of Islamic terrorists broke into a Soviet nuclear facility in one of the "Stan" countries on Russia's southern borders, killed all the Russians, & made off w/their nukes to parts unknown. We were lookin' for 'em, the Russians were lookin' for 'em, & I think the Brits were, too. The concensus was that they prolly could NOT have gotten 'em to go off, but who knows ? Then about 5-6 months later came the 1st Gulf War, & not long after that, the Soviet Union went out of business. It prolly was bullshit, I think that whoever got 'em would have showed their hand by now, but you never know...I have a friend who was EOD officer in Viet Nam, & he told me that the public-and most of the military-have NO IDEA what all we have "Out There" that would "Curl yr fingernails backwards" if we knew...
Old 07-25-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
The concensus was that they prolly could NOT have gotten 'em to go off, but who knows ?
They maybe wouldn't have needed to. A conventional explosion powerful enough to split the casing could make the center of any city useless for a good few years.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:17 AM

I would lay odds that there's going to be a mushroom cloud somewhere in the not too distant future. And as bad as that would be, there are so many low tech ways to disrupt society, blow a couple of bridges, a few transmission lines, and a sizeable portion of society will be living in the stone age inside of their McMansions.

And no doubt there are people lying awake at nights dreaming up ways to do this.

Chas