Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-08-2013, 06:33 PM

so, it looks like mezz found a thesaurus...or was it some one else who found one for him....

I miss his direct copy and paste plagiarism he used to try and pass off as his "superior intellect" never even considering that we know how to use the search function......

So mezz, please tell us what your guys have offered up that is such a great plan. I'll even treat you like Chas and ask you to give us proof of this (not expecting it of course)
Old 10-08-2013, 07:52 PM

np
Old 10-08-2013, 09:34 PM

The spectacle of seeing 80 & 90 yr old men hauled away in cuffs just so our Petulant, Spoiled-Brat Boy President can score cheap political points against the opposition should have ALL Americans up in arms. This is YOUR Kent State, as far as I'm concerned, Liberals.. I NEVER in my 56 years ever imagined I would see men who were willing to lay down their lives to be treated in a such a manner. Go ahead & rip me a new one, tell me I'm wrong, that this is Boehners' & the Tea Partys' fault... The American People know who did this, & I hope yr precious Party gets its Ass handed to it in the 2014 & 2016 elections. This act was DESPICABLE, no matter WHAT side of the aisle you're on...
Old 10-08-2013, 10:57 PM
Admin

I disagree, old friend. No offense but you are wrong about who is to blame. Sorry.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:51 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
The spectacle of seeing 80 & 90 yr old men hauled away in cuffs just so our Petulant, Spoiled-Brat Boy President can score cheap political points against the opposition should have ALL Americans up in arms. This is YOUR Kent State, as far as I'm concerned, Liberals.. I NEVER in my 56 years ever imagined I would see men who were willing to lay down their lives to be treated in a such a manner. Go ahead & rip me a new one, tell me I'm wrong, that this is Boehners' & the Tea Partys' fault... The American People know who did this, & I hope yr precious Party gets its Ass handed to it in the 2014 & 2016 elections. This act was DESPICABLE, no matter WHAT side of the aisle you're on...
It seems like this GOP ploy/propaganda worked on you, Sandy, ol' buddy. If the shoe were on the other foot and the Dems threatened a shutdown & default if the GOP didn't accept universal background checks and gun registration, I bet you'd change your tune. FWIW, I don't think any 80 & 90 year old men were hauled off in cuffs. Where'd you come up with that?

As a practical matter, the President simply cannot agree to the demands of the Tea Party. Otherwise, a precedent will be set whereby 40-60 malcontents in the halls of Congress can shut down the country whenever they don't get their way (particularly when the underlying issues were settled in the last election).

Last edited by finnbow; 10-09-2013 at 07:58 AM.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:01 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Yeah, seeing veterans being treated as pawns like that really pisses me off too.
Especially now that they are arriving at memorials to get arrested deliberately........Because it makes good shock video for the cameras that just happen to be there to catch it...........

"You killed my dog, Mister!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REa2DDzChGM

That kind of shit REALLY stinks.

Last edited by BlueStreak; 10-09-2013 at 08:08 AM.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:04 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Yeah, seeing veterans being treated as pawns like that really pisses me off too.
Especially now that they are arriving at memorials to deliberately get arrested........Because it makes good shock video for the cameras that just happen to be there to catch it...........

Are they actually getting arrested? AFAIK, though the Vietnam Memorial Wall is shut down, the Park Rangers simply stand there as folks walk through the gate. OTOH, if they're showing up as GOP pawns looking to be arrested, I have no real issue throwing them in the hoosegow. Being a veteran isn't a free pass to break the law.

Last edited by finnbow; 10-09-2013 at 08:07 AM.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Especially now that they are arriving at memorials to deliberately get arrested........Because it makes good shock video for the cameras that just happen to be there to catch it...........

Sure. Blame it on the veterans.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:08 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezz View Post
Sure. Blame it on the veterans who are willing to act as GOP pawns.
Fixed it for ya.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:09 AM

Quote:
His handling of the Benghazi massacre demonstrated quite clearly what he thinks of America's heroes and US national security in general. A more diligent nation would have had him up on charges of treason instead of re-electing him to get their free cell phones.