Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:37 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezz View Post
From talking to liberals over the last day or two you;d think that Scott Walker not being recalled was (and is) their worst nightmare. "Democracy died today!!! boohoohoohoo!!!!"

I can't wait to see the aftermath of Obama getting his head handed to him in November. I'm starting to invest heavily in mental health clinics.
If Obama loses and Romney wins you woulld be better off investing in some Cayman Island property. Austerity programs are killing Europe and if implemented here will do the same for this country. But you knew that.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:13 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
If Obama loses and Romney wins you woulld be better off investing in some Cayman Island property. Austerity programs are killing Europe and if implemented here will do the same for this country. But you knew that.
While I'm not a Romney supporter (nor really an Obama supporter), I think it could be argued that Romney may do better as President because the rabble-rousing GOP House will be forced to go along with any tough medicine he proposes (akin to the Bowles-Simpson proposal) because they simply cannot oppose a newly elected President of their own party after making a case that his election was essential to saving the economy.

While this certainly reflects the cynicism of the GOP House membership who opposed everything Obama has suggested and would likely agree to the identical proposals made by Romney, it does remain a consideration.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:19 AM
Resident octogenarian

Alan Simpson himself said that had Obama tried to implement their report he would have been skinned alive, and he is noted for syaing exactly what he thinks. The GOP would never implement the tax reform Bowles-Simpson called for because it would raise taxes on their wealthy friends and Super Grover would be displeased.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
While this certainly reflects the cynicism of the GOP House membership who opposed everything Obama has suggested and would likely agree to the identical proposals made by Romney, it does remain a consideration.
Obama had his way with congress for 2 years... and we saw where Obama's initiatives had gotten us to that point. Congress has just put some checks (brakes) on a runaway train. Of course Mr. Romney might have a leg up in the implementation department... he simply has to. Obama's been absolutely dismal there. Try selling some ideas to the American people Mr. arrogant and aloof, I mean Obama.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:28 AM

Quote:
From talking to liberals over the last day or two you;d think that Scott Walker not being recalled was (and is) their worst nightmare. "Democracy died today!!! boohoohoohoo!!!!"

I can't wait to see the aftermath of Obama getting his head handed to him in November. I'm starting to invest heavily in mental health clinics.
I haven't been reading the post about Wisconsin but my take on it is that the Democratic party blew a golden opportunity in not getting involved. Walker was dead meat 6 months ago but tens of millions of dollars from right wing fat cats and heavy participation by the RNC, all of it unanswered by the Dems, turned things around. It's Citizens United vs. DNC ineptitude.

Of course, the fact that Walker's been collecting money for a year and Barrett couldn't start until he won his primary only a month ago. The recall process in Wisconsin is seriously flawed, biased in favor of the incumbent.

Well, recall didn't work. Maybe impeachment will after more revelations come forward in the "John Doe" investigation.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:05 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
I haven't been reading the post about Wisconsin but my take on it is that the Democratic party blew a golden opportunity in not getting involved. Walker was dead meat 6 months ago but tens of millions of dollars from right wing fat cats and heavy participation by the RNC, all of it unanswered by the Dems, turned things around. It's Citizens United vs. DNC ineptitude.

Of course, the fact that Walker's been collecting money for a year and Barrett couldn't start until he won his primary only a month ago. The recall process in Wisconsin is seriously flawed, biased in favor of the incumbent.

Well, recall didn't work. Maybe impeachment will after more revelations come forward in the "John Doe" investigation.
Yep. That's about right. As I see it, that's the problem with the Democratic party in general.....follow through. Especially the president, who seems to think that once he says something, (Or signs a bill) that it's just going to magically happen. The GOP is definately more cohesive and determined. Unfortunately, their backwards vision for America that reads like some 1950s propaganda film...........sucks.

Dave
Old 06-07-2012, 10:50 PM

question is who writes the bill that needs to be passed? Am i being ignorant?
Old 06-07-2012, 11:08 PM

In the words of your eloquent leader, this is a teaching moment for democrats. The public has had enough of unfair politics and allowing the people they elect to be recalled on an opportunist and partisan whim rather than voted out of office like it is supposed to work. The people of Wisconsin understand that everyone needs to take some medicine to get the financial health of the state back on track. Tolerating a lot of union b.s. has fallen out of fashion and that's trouble for the democrats.

Make up all the excuses you like to avoid facing the truth, but people vote with their wallets. You lost this election twice. Nobody was much interested in supporting shenanigans as usual in Wisconsin when their governor has been making the tough calls to turn the state around... and it has apparently been working. People near the edges and on the fences are abandoning the fight. They don't have a heart in this election.

This fall the pundits may all be looking back to the Wisconsin recall vote as having been a bellweather for Obama's defeat and whatever losses the dems suffer in congress.

I'd be scared if I were you.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:33 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
In the words of your eloquent leader, this is a teaching moment for democrats. The public has had enough of unfair politics and allowing the people they elect to be recalled on an opportunist and partisan whim rather than voted out of office like it is supposed to work. The people of Wisconsin understand that everyone needs to take some medicine to get the financial health of the state back on track. Tolerating a lot of union b.s. has fallen out of fashion and that's trouble for the democrats.

Make up all the excuses you like to avoid facing the truth, but people vote with their wallets. You lost this election twice. Nobody was much interested in supporting shenanigans as usual in Wisconsin when their governor has been making the tough calls to turn the state around... and it has apparently been working. People near the edges and on the fences are abandoning the fight. They don't have a heart in this election.

This fall the pundits may all be looking back to the Wisconsin recall vote as having been a bellweather for Obama's defeat and whatever losses the dems suffer in congress.

I'd be scared if I were you.
The polling results seem to reflect that it was more of a case of the recall losing than Walker winning. A significant portion of the voters said that the recall should be used only for serious misconduct. I wonder how many of that group were aware of his current legal troubles.

In retrospect, it appears that the folks in Ohio had a better way of going about correcting the governor's overreach. Not sure if the initiative petition is available in Wisconsin for pieces of legislation, however.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 06-07-2012, 11:50 PM
Admin

Quote:

You're watching too much Current TV Mezz. You are truly getting warped watching that junk. Thorazine might help you....