Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-24-2014, 12:21 PM
Admin

A Fox-bot will be along directly to claim that it's all a lefty cointelpro false flag operation designed to steal their precious bodily fluids.

"Apparently Fox is not satisfied with alienating African-Americans and Latinos and women and youth and the middle-class and workers and, of course, most of America's liberals and moderates. Now they are aiming to narrow their appeal even more by driving away the last remnants of their audience - senior citizens. Keep up the good work, Fox."

From the above link.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamOn View Post
Fox News Suffers Worst Ratings In Thirteen Years And That's Not Their Big Problem

Fox News has fallen and it can't get up.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/0...ir-Big-Problem
Reckon if 5 below will, or even can, read this article.

Anyway, the most interesting thing for me in the article is the demographics. That FOX is the news base for right-wing geezers. It all makes sense in light of the fact that the GOP has lost 5 of the last 6 presidential popular votes. The demographics of the electorate has shifted. There are more and more younger voters who aren't buying the GOP's theocratic bullshit. There are still plenty of backwater cabbageville US House districts where the majority are FOX NEWS addicts. There are still backwater cabbageville states that will continue to elect Rubio's and Cruz's to the US Senate. But when it's an election where it's the whole country, the new demographics are showing up, pretty much every time. As long as the GOP continues to pander to moronic teabag populists, and as long as their platform is hostile to workers, women, minorities, gays/lesbians, the financially disadvantaged, and anybody who is sick to their stomach over our sick democratized gun carnage culture ...the GOP is likely to be fucked in competition for the Oval Office.

Right wingers can scream and holler all they like about Benghazi and about all of Obama's "illegal activities." It ain't gonna matter a shit in Dick Cheney's hat when people go into the voting booth in 2016 and are standing there thinking about which candidate from which party is gonna be more likely to represent what they want this country to be all about.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 06-25-2014 at 07:46 AM.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:56 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Reckon if 5 below will, or even can, read this article.

Anyway, the most interesting thing for me in the article is the demographics. That FOX is the news base for right-wing geezers. It all makes sense in light of the fact that the GOP has lost 5 of the last 6 presidential popular votes. The demographics of the electorate has shifted. There are more and more younger voters who aren't buying the GOP's theocratic bullshit. There are still plenty of backwater cabbageville US House districts where the majority are FOX NEWS addicts. There are still backwater cabbageville states that will continue to elect Rubio's and Cruz's to the US Senate. But when it's an election where it's the whole country, the new demographics are showing up, pretty much every time. As long as the GOP continues to pander to moronic teabag populists, and as long as their platform is hostile to workers, women, minorities, gays/lesbians, the financially disadvantaged, and anybody who is sick to their stomach over our sick democratized gun carnage culture ...the GOP is likely to be fucked in competition for the Oval Office.

Right wingers can scream and holler all they like about Benghazi and about all of Obama's "illegal activities." It ain't gonna matter a shit in Dick Cheney's hat when people go into the voting booth in 2016 and are standing there thinking about which candidate from which party is gonna be more likely to represent what they want this country to be all about.
What's amazing is that Rush and Fox have convinced these folks that they're mainstream.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Fox News Suffers Worst Ratings In Thirteen Years And That's Not Their Big Problem

Fox News has fallen and it can't get up.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/0...ir-Big-Problem

Picture says it all. Priceless.
Thanks for the laugh.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
Thanks for the laugh.
Are you standing in front of a mirror while laughing?
Old 06-25-2014, 10:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Are you standing in front of a mirror while laughing?
And I suspect with one hand on the mouse and the other hand on...uh, the other mouse.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:44 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

The Post had 3 different articles on the IRS scandal yesterday. I tire pretty quickly of the Wingnuts somehow believing that the national media isn't covering such stories. They're probably getting more attention than they deserve.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:04 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
The Post had 3 different articles on the IRS scandal yesterday.

That doesn't matter.

Nothing can satisfy them.

They remind me of the character "Ringo" in the movie "Tombstone."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108358/quotes

Quote:
Wyatt Earp: What makes a man like Ringo, Doc? What makes him do the things he does?

Doc Holliday: A man like Ringo has got a great big hole, right in the middle of him. He can never kill enough, or steal enough, or inflict enough pain to ever fill it.

Wyatt Earp: What does he need?

Doc Holliday: Revenge.

Wyatt Earp: For what?

Doc Holliday: Bein' born.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:23 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
That doesn't matter.

Nothing can satisfy them.
As we speak, the PBS Newshour has an entire segment on the IRS issue.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:44 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
Absolutely Nothing Today In The Washington Post On IRS Hearings

And you all want to call this a credible news agency. It's nothing more than a propaganda rag.
I would not call it a propaganda rag, but the IRS hearings needs exposure.

The IRS response to the inquiry is a disgrace. The IRS has really crashed.