Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-19-2014, 02:45 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

For an interesting perspective on how other countries are willing to debate the Israel/Palestine problem without the reflexive need to back Israel 100% as our politicians are wont to do.

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Europ...filtered-video
Old 07-20-2014, 09:14 AM

The general ill will generated by Palestinian extremists with plane hijacking and suicide bombers has somewhat dissipated while things can only get worse for support of Israel's position and policies absent another irrational Palestinian outrage like Munich '72, for which I have not let them off my hook.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 07-20-2014, 09:39 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
The general ill will generated by Palestinian extremists with plane hijacking and suicide bombers has somewhat dissipated while things can only get worse for support of Israel's position and policies absent another irrational Palestinian outrage like Munich '72, for which I have not let them off my hook.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
It has dissipated to some degree, but Israel still uses the Palestinian's
past action effectively especially when she Israel has powerful friends in the media.

The recurrent firing of these ineffective rockets makes no sense.

It only gives Israel an excuse to come in with heavy weapons. Luckily it
is not someone like the butcher Sharon in power.

Palestinians are going to end up like the North American Indians. Israel is all the time searching for new sources of Jewish immigrants.
Old 07-20-2014, 10:25 AM

A would be GOP presidential candidate, Marco Rubio has spoken in support of Israel.

https://plus.google.com/107866100316...ts/fNr4DumtRPB
Old 07-20-2014, 10:36 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamOn View Post
A would be GOP presidential candidate, Marco Rubio has spoken in support of Israel.

The link is taking forever to load... anyhow.

He is aiming early for the Jewish money and support.
I hope he does not make the same "occupied" mistake like Christie.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:24 PM
Jigsawed

By their reaction, It looks like the Israelis did not expect any deaths from their ground invasion.

I guess we can expect mission creep, as feared by Kerry.

http://news.yahoo.com/israeli-mood-t...201153206.html
Old 07-21-2014, 06:29 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamOn View Post

If you're from Florida and don't bow to God's Chosen, you're fucked before you even start.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:33 PM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
From the article: "Despite the absence of panic Monday, it is clear that if soldiers continue to be killed at this rate, the flexibility enjoyed by Netanyahu to date will likely be replaced by a growing sense of urgency to stop the casualties. Many Israeli leftists will demand an end to the operation. Hard-liners will demand more radical action, up to and including a takeover of Gaza. That will add to the already mounting pressure from an outside world horrified by the carnage on the Palestinian side."

Potentially UGLY.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:38 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
From the article: "Despite the absence of panic Monday, it is clear that if soldiers continue to be killed at this rate, the flexibility enjoyed by Netanyahu to date will likely be replaced by a growing sense of urgency to stop the casualties. Many Israeli leftists will demand an end to the operation. Hard-liners will demand more radical action, up to and including a takeover of Gaza. That will add to the already mounting pressure from an outside world horrified by the carnage on the Palestinian side."

Potentially UGLY.
In the bubble of Tel Aviv, people just see Gaza as a nuisance that needs periodic attention from the exterminator without recognizing that they're the very reason that Gaza is the way it is.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:37 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Perhaps if the Moslem states over there granted their Palestinian brothers citizenship over there a la 'Law of Return' there'd be a greater chance of peace, and they'd be able to leave the 'Israeli' prison of Gaza (apparently with Egyptian jailers).

Maybe Israel wouldn't be their jailer if it wasn't attacked in 67. But they 'invaded' Gaza.

I don't think Israel is perfect, oh no no. But they were sure dealt a poor hand and they're playing with cheats and cutthroats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
OK I'll stop immediately. And yes indeed...underneath all the alleged calmness observed in Haifa and Tel Aviv...they're worried, all Israelis are worried about their existence, and they're worried every day.

Prejudice against Jews (risking the Godwin's Law meme here), appears to be persistent throughout the history of left-leaning political web forums as well. And they're all pretty much the same. Twelve page circle-jerks...it's them, no it's them, no it's both...etc., etc., for another half-dozen pages until everybody tires of it and goes on to the next twelve pages of benghazi or the IRS.

Of course Israel is a little different...it's the existence of an historically and currently oppressed people and not who's favorite vote whore is good or bad.

So as far as Israel is concerned, I make my statement...and get the fuck out of it.
Oh the far right hates the Jews too, I doubt I've seen such vileness on any other topic.

Pete