Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-27-2015, 05:44 PM
Area Man

This place has become a virtual wasteland for gear at thrifts. My last score was a pair of Realistic Nova 6's for $6. Good garage system speakers, sound pretty good.
Old 08-27-2015, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Damm! I never see anything like that around here. These days it's a red letter day when I spot a VCR!

Nice score, Robbin!
I am alone today at the big government job so I took a chance and left a student in charge of x-ray. I thought you never know I may just find something in the military thrift if I do a quick check. There were 4 Mitsubishi pieces and none of them looked like the BPC stuff ....a silver integrated amp,
a tuner and power meter , all matching. They wanted $20 a piece for that. On the floor was this big, black amp that looked sort of like a Mcintosh (one can dream) and they wanted just $15. Man it is heavy as hell. I thought I might have a heart attack carrying it back. I just could not leave it at that price. I did not know they made gear this solid. I will test it tonight when I get home. Thanks! Thanks for the SPECS!
Old 08-27-2015, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
I am alone today at the big government job so I took a chance and left a student in charge of x-ray. I thought you never know I may just find something in the military thrift if I do a quick check. There were 4 Mitsubishi pieces and none of them looked like the BPC stuff ....a silver integrated amp,
a tuner and power meter , all matching. They wanted $20 a piece for that. On the floor was this big, black amp that looked sort of like a Mcintosh (one can dream) and they wanted just $15. Man it is heavy as hell. I thought I might have a heart attack carrying it back. I just could not leave it at that price. I did not know they made gear this solid. I will test it tonight when I get home. Thanks! Thanks for the SPECS!
Yeah, Mitsubishi made some hellatiously good gear. Their LT-20 and LT-30 linear tracking turntables are among the best of the type.
Old 08-27-2015, 06:44 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Robbin,

It appears that you could get that amp with either a preamp or power meters that mounted directly to the face of the amp. Maybe you should see if they still have the other items?
Old 08-27-2015, 06:47 PM
Area Man

http://www.audioscope.net/images/mit...c_da_m10-4.jpg

^^^ With meters mounted. ^^^
Old 08-27-2015, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Robbin,

It appears that you could get that amp with either a preamp or power meters that mounted directly to the face of the amp. Maybe you should see if they still have the other items?
I did not know that came with the amp....the store is only open Tuesdays and Thursdays so I will go back there and see....I think it was on the floor with it but I do not recall the price...thanks for the info!
Old 08-27-2015, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Robbin,

I'd probably go back and get all of it. You could keep the tuna and the meters, flip the integrated and end up making money on the whole deal.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:02 PM

Quote:
I did not know that came with the amp....the store is only open Tuesdays and Thursdays so I will go back there and see....I think it was on the floor with it but I do not recall the price...thanks for the info!
Your earlier post said that they wanted $20 apiece for the other stuff.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Your earlier post said that they wanted $20 apiece for the other stuff.
Yeah you are right....but I now that I think about it I think they have the integrated amp and the power meters sitting on the shelf for 20 bucks each and the tuner on the floor where the amp was. I was in a big rush because I had left the medical clinic without an xray techless lol.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:16 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Looks like a good score!