Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-13-2011, 07:46 PM

Arrow I don't get it...

I know DJ could have fun with that.. but seriously...

Grumpy set up a really cool forum, and easy to navigate. WITH, a REALLY cool simple straight forward name. I know political forums are big on the web..

Why is the forum not better traveled?

Google being selective or something? I got a cool idea to expand it if anyone is interested... They pass out stuff like this all over DC on the corners.. .I got time..

(I'll only give them to hippy leftIE's though)

Seriously, what do you all think about some of us passing them around.. People get curious...

For those that can't scan a code with a phone, all it says is WWW.PoliticalChat.org

Attached Images
File Type: gif politicalchatQR.gif (2.1 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by simi; 10-13-2011 at 08:50 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simi View Post
I know DJ could have fun with that.. but seriously...

Grumpy set up a really cool forum, and easy to navigate. WITH, a REALLY cool simple straight forward name. I know political forums are big on the web..

Why is the forum not better traveled?

Google being selective or something? I got a cool idea to expand it if anyone is interested... They pass out stuff like this all over DC on the corners.. .I got time..

(I'll only give them to hippy leftIE's though)

Seriously, what do you all think about some of us passing them around.. People get curious...

For those that can't scan a code with a phone, all it says is WWW.PoliticalChat.org

Good God! Not more of you lefties. Actually most of my friends are lefties—at least socially. Do you know that the left and right continuum nomeclature came out of The French Revolution. Wikipedia has a good little article. I particularly liked this:

Quote:
Baron de Gauville explained, "We began to recognize each other: those who were loyal to religion and the king took up positions to the right of the chair so as to avoid the shouts, oaths, and indecencies that enjoyed free rein in the opposing camp".
You folks haven't changed since 1789.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:20 PM

We watch a lot of history stuff and look at each other a lot and say nothing has changed from even centuries ago..

Honestly though, what do people (mostly grumpy) think about laying a few of these somewhere you might be? Drop it on the sidewalk or something. Lay it on a countertop...

Curosity does get the best of people.. don't even know who is looking at it.. But it's free advertisement to get more to join us...
Old 10-13-2011, 08:32 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
those who were loyal to religion and the king took up positions to the right
Quote:
You folks haven't changed since 1789.
Nor has the Right, it seems.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:38 PM
Loyal Opposition

Being the elitist snob that I am, I kind of enjoy seeing PC growing slowly. As grouchy as ol' D-Ray can get at times, I think that the tone of debate here is pretty civil - particularly compared to some of the raving and flaming I have seen on other sites. I think much of that has to do with the AK roots.

I don't mean that we should exclude anyone (except spammers) from participation here. I just think that if people have the time here to read a representative sample of posts, they recognize that everyone who posts here has something in common with them. If we suddenly started growing by thousands, we would lose some of the personal interaction that most of us enjoy.

That's just my opinion, for what it's worth - and it is absolutely free.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 10-13-2011, 08:48 PM

Nice point d-ray.. and I can completely agree with that...

How about one person picked each day to drop one code somewhere? Grow slow, but still advertise a little? Get a little more diversity?
Old 10-13-2011, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Being the elitist snob that I am, I kind of enjoy seeing PC growing slowly. As grouchy as ol' D-Ray can get at times, I think that the tone of debate here is pretty civil - particularly compared to some of the raving and flaming I have seen on other sites. I think much of that has to do with the AK roots.

I don't mean that we should exclude anyone (except spammers) from participation here. I just think that if people have the time here to read a representative sample of posts, they recognize that everyone who posts here has something in common with them. If we suddenly started growing by thousands, we would lose some of the personal interaction that most of us enjoy.

That's just my opinion, for what it's worth - and it is absolutely free.

Regards,

D-Ray
I concur with that. Most of the political forums are nothing more than flame fests. Everyone here remains relatively calm and considerate for the most part compared to other forums. The AK connection is important in keeping it that way IMHO. Elitist? Perhaps, but sometimes exclusivity is a virtue. I also find it quite fun when AK was down and those folks all popped in here. I do miss flacaltenn's presence.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:04 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
I concur with that. Most of the political forums are nothing more than flame fests. Everyone here remains relatively calm and considerate for the most part compared to other forums. The AK connection is important in keeping it that way IMHO. Elitist? Perhaps, but sometimes exclusivity is a virtue. I also find it quite fun when AK was down and those folks all popped in here. I do miss flacaltenn's presence.
+1. Smart, interesting fella.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
being the elitist snob that i am,

regards,

d-ray
lol!!!
Don't forget "THUG."
Old 10-13-2011, 09:24 PM

Ok.. consider my idea dropped.. Just trying to thing of new ways to bring different ways of thinking to the table..