Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Introductions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
It's more a matter of attitude than anything, I'd say.
I'm here to learn and improve my understanding of issues and other opinions. AND -- because I actually missed the group of regulars here..
Old 05-17-2016, 12:47 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by flacaltenn View Post
It's an opportunity to perform for the Lib Party this year. To quit the ideology fights and focus on the reality of where we are as a nation. And it's like getting the ball on 40 yard line to have all those #nevertrump #neverhilliary folks out there.

In reality, (and Gary Johnson said this in the Lib debates) -- we support about 50% of what Bernie stands for.. We are Dems with fiscal sanity and Reps without all the moral judgments. Good place to be this year... We haven't changed -- the people have realized that the parties have become the tyrants that we were warned about..
A buddy calls this tyranny American Fascism. That descriptor works for me.

The parties work for the actual tyrants and the tyrants pay their politicians well.

Last edited by nailer; 05-17-2016 at 12:51 PM.
Old 05-17-2016, 12:54 PM
Ready

Quote:
I'm here to learn and improve my understanding of issues and other opinions. AND -- because I actually missed the group of regulars here..
welcome back
Old 05-17-2016, 12:55 PM

Quote:
It's an opportunity to perform for the Lib Party this year. To quit the ideology fights and focus on the reality of where we are as a nation. And it's like getting the ball on 40 yard line to have all those #nevertrump #neverhilliary folks out there.

In reality, (and Gary Johnson said this in the Lib debates) -- we support about 50% of what Bernie stands for.. We are Dems with fiscal sanity and Reps without all the moral judgments. Good place to be this year... We haven't changed -- the people have realized that the parties have become the tyrants that we were warned about..
Pretty hard to take you guys seriously after watching this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1ug...?v=W1ugtes7ZYA
Old 05-17-2016, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post

The parties work for the actual tyrants and the tyrants pay their politicians well.
Tyrants like Fred Koch, former Libertarian vice presidential candidate.
Old 05-17-2016, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post

It's become abundantly clear that only 4 people actually RUN Congress. You cannot requisition a pencil or take a pee without those 4 party bosses. They control the dialogue, the legislation, the funding and and assignments. Cross them and you will be working out of a broom closet and facing a FUNDED competitor in your next re-election bid..

I believe the 2 parties are well capable of working for THEMSELVES. and they have a very low opinion of voters.
Old 05-17-2016, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Pretty hard to take you guys seriously after watching this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1ug...?v=W1ugtes7ZYA
Well Kuddos to RT news for doing that. Not sure why only 3 MINOR candidates were chosen for that debate -- but it points out that we have a robust CHOICE of candidates (about 12 if I remember). .

If you actually sat thru 2 hours of MINOR candidates -- imagine how much better it would be if simply watched the 2 debates that Stossel hosted for the 3 FRONT-RUNNING Lib candidates. Nobody has the support that Gary Johnson has - and he will likely be our nominee again this year..
Old 05-17-2016, 02:50 PM
Ready

Quote:
It's become abundantly clear that only 4 people actually RUN Congress. You cannot requisition a pencil or take a pee without those 4 party bosses. They control the dialogue, the legislation, the funding and and assignments. Cross them and you will be working out of a broom closet and facing a FUNDED competitor in your next re-election bid..

I believe the 2 parties are well capable of working for THEMSELVES. and they have a very low opinion of voters.
Ted Cruz

Freedom Caucus
Old 05-17-2016, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Well Kuddos to RT news for doing that. Not sure why only 3 MINOR candidates were chosen for that debate -- but it points out that we have a robust CHOICE of candidates (about 12 if I remember). .

If you actually sat thru 2 hours of MINOR candidates -- imagine how much better it would be if simply watched the 2 debates that Stossel hosted for the 3 FRONT-RUNNING Lib candidates. Nobody has the support that Gary Johnson has - and he will likely be our nominee again this year..
I did. Watched it live on its original air date. Three remarkably uninspiring choices. Johnson has been around long enough to be on the radar of anyone with sufficient interest and, again, through RT where they're frequent contributors, I've become familiar with McAfee and Petersen. Not impressed.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
I did. Watched it live on its original air date. Three remarkably uninspiring choices. Johnson has been around long enough to be on the radar of anyone with sufficient interest and, again, through RT where they're frequent contributors, I've become familiar with McAfee and Petersen. Not impressed.
Macaffee is a certified head case. Never should be quarterbacking the nuclear football. Don't think he actually knows how he moved to Guatemala or whatever. Too much weed or some darn thing. The Peterson guy is too desperate. Too much ideology and not enough realism.

And Johnson is working on his lack of charisma. I hear Rue Paul is coaching him on having some "flair and fizz"