Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Introductions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-11-2016, 09:27 PM

Hello

Hi,

Just want to reintroduce myself. Political Chat has always been a safe place for me to express my political views and hear yours. Thank you for the safe environment.

Tonight I got a healthy chuckle as I read the forum. It reminded me of my early days of battling with patent examiners. As a patent agent apprentice I learned and used the adjective "bald-faced" to describe what I felt were examiners' emotional knee-jerk rejections to my clients' inventions. I only used the phrase a few times, but God, when I wrote it I felt like King Kong. It felt awesome to tell "the man" that they were being emotional.

That was back when I thought all legal proceedings had to be in writing and everyone knew what everyone else wrote. I wanted to win in writing.

It took me a few years to be comfortable with calling patent examiners and discussing the issues that they had with my clients' inventions. Once I talked to the examiners I learned that they were under the same time pressures that I was to move inventions down the production line. That was about when a bigger question struck me.

What are we inventing? That is my new mindset as I write with you all.

Peace!
Old 12-11-2016, 09:56 PM
Ready

We're inventing ourselves. We influence each other some, but I think the main benefit of foruming, if there is one, is reflexive.

We stimulate each other, but we very seldom persuade each other. When we change, we change ourselves.
Old 12-15-2016, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
We're inventing ourselves. We influence each other some, but I think the main benefit of foruming, if there is one, is reflexive.

We stimulate each other, but we very seldom persuade each other. When we change, we change ourselves.
Persuasion is an elusive art. That is what I am learning from foruming.

From the perspective of writing, it can be difficult to empathize with readers for fear of being reviewed as a softie. I am new to writing.

From the perspective of engineering, it can be difficult to empathize with gearheads for fear of being reviewed as a softie. I am new to engineering.

The closest that I have been to the fire is when I dated an artist. She asked why I did not open doors for her and I did not understand why she did not want to feel the doors.

And at the end of the day we want to talk to each other in real life. A beer summit.

Is the beer summit akin to what we are trying to invent? If so then there are people that know how to do that.

Peace!
Old 12-11-2016, 11:20 PM
Area Man

I am inventing a way to warp time, so we can travel to the past without leaving the present, for example. I have been at this since 1967. I think I messed something up in the beginning. After all I was only 3 years old. However, I can't fix it until I go back and figure out what it was and I can't go back until I fix it.
Old 12-12-2016, 02:07 AM
Mutated Member

I am inventing nothing, the Mothers did that already for me.

DNU

Looks like a gaming thread to me. (grin)

DNU
Old 12-12-2016, 05:39 AM

Welcome,

I'm was working on a cost effective way of storing AC voltage without conversion to DC involved. But after 11/08 the pressure is now for a time machine.

Barney
Old 12-12-2016, 09:28 AM
Rational Anarchist

I'm inventing the moment. A lifetime pursuit.
Old 12-15-2016, 08:03 PM

I reinvent myself every day, part of my hope and change routine.