Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-12-2009, 03:58 PM

Anyone trust Cavuto?

Yes, he works for FOX news, but he's a money man, and that's pretty much what he talks about. I just saw his show this afternoon (imagine me having the TV on FOX) and he was arguing with some woman about a provision in the Health Bill that gives the Federal Govt. the right to look at our bank accounts. I don't think Neal was making this up, and if he was, the left Gal he was arguing with, must have believed him too. The reasoning for this intrusion is that they need to see how we are doing so they will know how much we can afford (or not afford) to pay for health incidents. The "Gal" was assuring Cavuto that the information would be safe from hackers and identity thieves. I had to come here and ask the left leaning members if this is going to be OK with them? So......?
Old 08-12-2009, 04:06 PM

OH BTW, on the same show they had footage of people in NY lined up to get their 200 dollars back to school money. The only qualification is, you have to be either on welfare or foodstamps first. Now I'm not so mean that I want kids going to school without pencils, but I swear, every person in that line was wearing nicer clothes than I have. (seriously guys)

and what does a kid need for school (so badly that I have to pay for it) that costs 200 dollars anyhow??
Old 08-12-2009, 04:41 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

How about one pair of the latest in shoe fashion?
Old 08-12-2009, 04:50 PM

YOU were watching Fox News? "We Report, You Obey"!!!

Not to worry, you'll feel much better when you return from the reeducation camp. Provided you return.

On a more serious note, I trust Cavuto, and I believe he tries to get his facts straight. And when he gives an opinion, he says as much, and always backs it up with an argument.

On a side note, almost everyone I have talked to is in favor of health care reform, but perhaps not this particular bill. I think that American's would overwhelming support a health reform bill if the politicians did three things.

1. The hardest, establish some credibility for themselves.

2. Write an understandable bill which was fair and equitable...for everyone, including themselves.

3. Place an honest price tag on it.

This is too important to be done half assed. Either get it pretty much right, or wait until you can.

When someone needs care, I feel that society should step up to the plate and help them. It's the right thing to do. I've given CPR to a corpse before, not because I wanted to, but because no one else was going to...and one asshole present was current on his training, mine went back 15 yrs. I really couldn't remember the procedure at the time, but immediate action was of the essence. Then the poor stiff (literally) was robbed at the morgue.

Well, maybe expecting society to do the right thing is expecting too much.

Chas
Old 08-12-2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
How about one pair of the latest in shoe fashion?
Ha, that would be funny if'n it weren't probably true.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
OH BTW, on the same show they had footage of people in NY lined up to get their 200 dollars back to school money. The only qualification is, you have to be either on welfare or foodstamps first. Now I'm not so mean that I want kids going to school without pencils, but I swear, every person in that line was wearing nicer clothes than I have. (seriously guys)

and what does a kid need for school (so badly that I have to pay for it) that costs 200 dollars anyhow??
How about a boot in the ass so that he shows up and does something?

Chas
Old 08-12-2009, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
How about a boot in the ass so that he shows up and does something?

Chas
Heck I've probably got some old worn out ones here (made in the USA with the union logo) that I could donate to that cause. My crooked old ass goes through nearly 3 pair a year.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Heck I've probably got some old worn out ones here (made in the USA with the union logo) that I could donate to that cause. My crooked old ass goes through nearly 3 pair a year.
Buy some that hurt your feet, the bastards will last forever.

Chas
Old 08-13-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:

Hadn't seen that, thanks for pissing me off for the afternoon bro!

My wife and I took the kids shopping at Kmart of all places last week. The bill? $322.00 Don't ask me what they spent it on but it's damn sure not in my checkbook the next day. I should add that probably $75.00 was for other shit but still, it's only 2 kids for Christ's sake.

Just got my tax bill, guess what? Yup, school taxes went up again so the kids can be just as dumb as last year.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:59 PM

I can see none of youse guys have a teenage girl to buy for...I spent $175 on Bethany at the mall in Knoxville for shoes, 3-4 pairs of jeans, & a handbag...Then my wife turned around & dropped nearly $300 on her for pens, pencils, notebooks, dividers, sticky notes, index cards, drawers(underwear), socks, undershirts, a couple of "cute" tops, assorted other bric-a-brac...I told Bethany when we were in the mall that I wished I had enuff moolah to give her & Lauriann-my wife- $1000 each, turn 'em loose in the mall, & see which one of 'em could get rid of it fastest...Couldn't buy just one thing, either...Bethany grinned at me & said, "$2500 would be better..."