Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-28-2014, 09:31 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
I thought I fell off the edge of the earth once, but I didn't die. I don't know why but as I fell I immediately landed on what seemed to be a solid flat surface. Let the fancypants computervoice guy explain THAT.

Pete
One too many boilermakers?
Old 03-28-2014, 09:42 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I can't send them back, even though I could using the power of the inner mind. But without them, how would I learn to transcend the mundane?

And get tons of money and hot willing women? I sure can't get them any other way.

Bob my good friends dad was a fireman. One night he came home with a number for pretty bad scratches on his face in parallel. If you asked him he'd say 'she was a wild one'. We found out that he was pissing on a wooden fence while trashed, moved over to make room for his buddy and one foot fell into a hole in the ground

The worst I've done drunk was kick out two pillars holding a wood roof over a porch - from underneath. I realized what I was doing right before my foot contacted the second pillar. In one short lesson I learned what the 'slam' meant in Alabama Slammers.

Pete
Old 03-28-2014, 09:54 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
The worst I've done drunk was kick out two pillars holding a wood roof over a porch - from underneath. I realized what I was doing right before my foot contacted the second pillar. In one short lesson I learned what the 'slam' meant in Alabama Slammers.

Pete
The first time I got drunk my buddy and I were 15.

We only had two six packs of brewskis but being neophytes to drinking that was plenty.

My buddy got so sick he had to puke so he went into the bathroom, but instead of the commode he used the sink. While he was leaning on it the damn thing came right off the wall and sheared the supply line off clean so water started gushing out like crazy. Shit it was 2 inches deep all over the place before I gave up trying to find the shut off valve and got up enough nerve to go next door and tell the landlord. Got in a lot of trouble over that one.

Last edited by Tom Joad; 03-28-2014 at 11:00 AM.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:55 AM
Ready

Quote:
I realized what I was doing right before my foot contacted the second pillar.

That was ... too late.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:25 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

It was a Loonie Toons moment. I definitely had a concussion and I was lucky.

Tom that's a good one! We should have a 'I got drunk and did this!' thread

Pete
Old 03-28-2014, 10:46 AM
reflexionar

I think I will probably wind up here. It is off the grid and pretty unpopulated.

https://www.google.com/maps/@44.8247.../data=!3m1!1e3

My father built the place after he retired, but passed from ALS before he could enjoy it. It is on 38 acres, about 10 miles out of town, and town has a population of 158. You may notice the solar panels and generator house in the next link. House is run on two banks of twelve 2v. forklift batteries. One operating and one on standby for a 24v. system running through an invertor to 110v. There is a 10,000 gallon stainless tank built into the side of the hill for gravity feed water storage. The generator is a 20K diesel unit in the shed. The house can run all week on solar with a boost once a week when the generator is ran to fully charge batteries, run the washing machine and pump jack to fill the water tank. Hot water, refrigeration, and dryer, when necessary are all run off a couple 500 gallon propane tanks. The pole barn houses enough equipment to run a small farm.

https://www.google.com/maps/@44.8245.../data=!3m1!1e3
Old 03-28-2014, 11:02 AM

Quote:
LOL! But I didn't WANT to be the geek

Pete
Too late.

John
Old 03-28-2014, 11:07 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
It was a Loonie Toons moment. I definitely had a concussion and I was lucky.

Tom that's a good one! We should have a 'I got drunk and did this!' thread

Pete
I don't know Pete.

Things like that can be pretty damned embarrassing when confronted in a sober state.

Last edited by Tom Joad; 03-28-2014 at 11:11 AM.
Old 03-28-2014, 11:17 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholland View Post
I think I will probably wind up here. It is off the grid and pretty unpopulated.

https://www.google.com/maps/@44.8247.../data=!3m1!1e3

My father built the place after he retired, but passed from ALS before he could enjoy it. It is on 38 acres, about 10 miles out of town, and town has a population of 158. You may notice the solar panels and generator house in the next link. House is run on two banks of twelve 2v. forklift batteries. One operating and one on standby for a 24v. system running through an invertor to 110v. There is a 10,000 gallon stainless tank built into the side of the hill for gravity feed water storage. The generator is a 20K diesel unit in the shed. The house can run all week on solar with a boost once a week when the generator is ran to fully charge batteries, run the washing machine and pump jack to fill the water tank. Hot water, refrigeration, and dryer, when necessary are all run off a couple 500 gallon propane tanks. The pole barn houses enough equipment to run a small farm.

https://www.google.com/maps/@44.8245.../data=!3m1!1e3

Neat getaway place.

May your pump jack always have enough to jack....
Old 03-28-2014, 12:15 PM
reflexionar

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Neat getaway place.

May your pump jack always have enough to jack....
One can only hope. That is the reason behind the jack. The well had to be so deep that the extra cost for increasing to 00ga wire and the increase to a 5HP submersible pump was cost prohibitive. A local farmer had a pump jack that could be run off a 1HP motor for almost nothing in comparison. Just a partial amount of the savings was more than enough to cover the salvage stainless milk tanker. My old man was pretty frugal. My step-mom probably even more so, and she still uses the place from spring through fall.