Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-02-2017, 06:53 AM

Its Official - Hillary Corrupted the DNC

Inside Hillary Clinton’s Secret Takeover of the DNC - Donna Brazile

I told Bernie I had found Hillary’s Joint Fundraising Agreement. I explained that the cancer was that she had exerted this control of the party long before she became its nominee. Had I known this, I never would have accepted the interim chair position, but here we were with only weeks before the election.

The DNC was deep in debt, and the Clinton campaign put the DNC on life support by transferring money from the Campaign to the DNC. The terms of the agreement to fund the DNC essentially gave Clinton control over the DNC.

Lastly, for you collusion-o-philes to chew on:

Bernie took this stoically. He did not yell or express outrage. Instead he asked me what I thought Hillary’s chances were. The polls were unanimous in her winning but what, he wanted to know, was my own assessment?

I had to be frank with him. I did not trust the polls, I said. I told him I had visited states around the country and I found a lack of enthusiasm for her everywhere. I was concerned about the Obama coalition and about millennials.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:56 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

I fail to see how this has anything to do with the Trump team's alleged collusion with Russia.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:17 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I fail to see how this has anything to do with the Trump team's alleged collusion with Russia.
Indeed; just a hustle from one who has lost status and income.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:35 AM

Whell quoting Donna Brazile. Hilarious.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Simply a diverion and more BS from our resident Trump apologist. While we are at it, here is Fox again creating Fake News:

Jake Tapper slams Fox News for misrepresenting comments about New York City terror attack
Quote:
Fox News published an article with the headline "CNN's Jake Tapper: 'Allahu Akbar' Can Be Said Under 'Most Beautiful' of Circumstances" on Wednesday. The article referenced comments Tapper made on Tuesday after it was reported that the suspect in the attack had at one point shouted "Allahu Akbar," Arabic for "God is great."

The headline is preceded by a tag reading "OUTRAGEOUS."

But the Fox News headline left out the second half of Tapper's quote, which distinguished Tuesday's attack from the "beautiful" circumstances he alluded to.
http://www.businessinsider.com/jake-...utiful-2017-11
Old 11-02-2017, 08:36 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
It's about Hillary. whell myopia?

Last edited by nailer; 11-02-2017 at 09:06 AM.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:03 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
It's about Hillary.
Yes, but he is hailing, beckoning members of the collusion crowd.
They are not biting.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Part of the collusion meme is that Hillary had such an insurmountable lead in per-election polling, and that there MUST have been some collusion from the Trump to cause that lead to evaporate so much in favor of Trump. But if the polling was so screwed up - artificially inflating Hillary's lead - how much impact to Russian interference really have? The Trump team never really invested themselves in the polling anyway, so why would they have been motivated to "collude"?
Old 11-02-2017, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Yes, but he is hailing, beckoning members of the collusion crowd.
They are not biting.
The most serious aspect of this - beyond Clinton's pirating of the DNC - is not the last sentence that I added anyway. The Dems have voiced concerns about losses down-ballot in the last election, and the lack of a "bench" for national races. Here's certainly on big reason why - no money. And the Clinton campaigned starved the DNC's efforts to make money available for those races.

Right around the time of the convention, the leaked emails revealed Hillary’s campaign was grabbing money from the state parties for its own purposes, leaving the states with very little to support down-ballot races. A Politico story published on May 2, 2016, described the big fund-raising vehicle she had launched through the states the summer before, quoting a vow she had made to rebuild “the party from the ground up … when our state parties are strong, we win. That’s what will happen.”

Yet the states kept less than half of 1 percent of the $82 million they had amassed from the extravagant fund-raisers Hillary’s campaign was holding, just as Gary had described to me when he and I talked in August.

EDIT: And of course, as Brazile points out - part of HIllary's campaign message was campaign finance reform. LOL!

Last edited by whell; 11-02-2017 at 09:15 AM.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:59 AM