Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-22-2017, 06:48 PM

Too many movies? Maybe.
I just see such a state of confusion right now that I am not sure anyone really has any control or clear boundaries of what can and cannot be done. I feel this make the situation ripe for harvest.............

Disable the judicial branch(9 people) and what happens?
Old 10-22-2017, 08:10 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmanKardon View Post
Rather a subtle matter of wide awake mindfulness.

You won't understand this comment - no biggie, Don, just move on...
Subtlety is often lost in translation.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:51 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Too many movies?
I occasionally have the same thought. And no, it's not "movies", it's history. Narcissists have a way of refusing to give up power.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:30 AM
Banned

We have been part-time residents in north Porter County, IN since 2003. NW Indiana is pretty much the only "blue" ground in the whole fucked up state. One of the great solid liberal politicians in the US House is Pete Visclosky of Indiana 1. By Pence's third year as governor these signs were all over north Porter and most of Lake county...

The only upside of the Presidential race was we got rid of Mike Pence in Indiana. His replacement is a guy named Eric Holcomb...of course a conservative Republican...it is Indiana after all. But Holcomb started reversing a whole bunch of Pence's insane shit in the first weeks he was in office. And...Indiana survived four years of Pence, so I suspect the country would survive a couple years of Pence in the Oval Office.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:13 AM

I know Pence's politics well and as much as I don't agree with him, he is still a better alternative than trump. At least he doesn't have an itchy trigger finger on the nuclear bomb.
Besides, if he took over for Trump he would be so busy just trying to gain some order in the mess created by Trump, he wouldn't really be able to accomplish any major legislation.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
I know Pence's politics well and as much as I don't agree with him, he is still a better alternative than trump.
It's why I pointed out that Indiana seemed to survive four years of his administration in fair shape. But we will still have the same Obama wreckage, intrusions into the lives of the disadvantaged, and even worse bullshit theocracy with Pence in office. He a religious headcase.
Old 11-13-2017, 01:07 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPots View Post
Thinking last evening whilst I could not sleep. The Koch brothers could literally buy the state of Kansas if they wanted.

I suspect it won't be long before something like this this actually happens .... Our legislative and executive branches has already been sold off to the highest bidders.
You can thank SCOTUS for that.