Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-09-2021, 03:12 PM

Watched some of the Senate impeachment trial today

No surprises in the statements of #DiaperDon's defense lawyers. No valid defense IMO. Just providing excuses for the Repub's in congress to justify their votes not to convict. I love how the Repub's crow about the 45 senators who maintain the trial is not constitutional but omit mentioning the 55 who declined to say the same.
Old 02-09-2021, 04:23 PM

This day will go down in history as the one where the republican party tore up then spit on the Constitution.
Old 02-10-2021, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
This day will go down in history as the one where the republican party tore up then spit on the Constitution.
Party before country through and through.
Old 02-10-2021, 12:57 PM

I do like how the impeachment managers are using the twit's tweets to prove their points. If enough Repukes stand up and vote on the evidence to convict it will largely be because of having #DiaperDon's own words rubbed in their faces.
Old 02-10-2021, 01:37 PM

I don't think enough republicans will have the courage to vote to convict. They are so afraid of Trump's revenge.
They ought to be more worried about the voters. Trump will be old news in two/four years. The voters might just be sick and tired of the republican cowards and vote them out because they wouldn't convict.
Old 02-10-2021, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
I don't think enough republicans will have the courage to vote to convict. They are so afraid of Trump's revenge.
They ought to be more worried about the voters. Trump will be old news in two/four years. The voters might just be sick and tired of the republican cowards and vote them out because they wouldn't convict.
The next two years will be the test. The cult will be a hard one to get rid of. They a gleeful in their ignorance and conspiracies. Any with a hope of recovery it would seem to be or have happened by now.

The mid term elections will speak volumes of the hope for this nation.
Old 02-10-2021, 07:35 PM

Old 02-10-2021, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
Those cowards formerly known as Republicans are counting on the Republican base having short memories. "I refused to convict Donald tRump" will be a major plank of many campaign platforms in the midterm elections. Already efforts are underway to minimise the evidence the Democrat impeachment managers are presenting.
Old 02-10-2021, 11:04 PM
Admin

From Dana Milbank at The Post -

"For a full minute, the officer’s screams of agony pierced the Senate chamber — and then, silence.

On their screens, senators sitting in judgment of former president Donald Trump saw the raw savagery that Trump incited on Jan. 6 in his last-ditch attempt to overturn his defeat. They saw it in the pain-contorted face of Officer Daniel Hodges of Washington’s Metropolitan Police, who had been called to the Capitol’s West Front that day to defend the people’s representatives from the terrorists Trump had dispatched to ransack the building.

In the video, Trump’s mob crushes Hodges and other officers against a door, pinning and immobilizing him with a stolen riot shield. They spray bear repellent at the police, they beat Hodges’s head against the door, they violently rip off his gas mask, revealing his bloodied mouth, they taunt him and they take his weapon as a trophy. And through it all, Hodges, unable to move, wails in pain — an excruciating sound interrupted only by the “heave ho” of Trump’s mob stampeding the officers." WP

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...who-caused-it/

Get them on record. Every Repub who votes to acquit should face unending challenges to staying in office.
Old 02-11-2021, 08:19 AM

Quote:
The next two years will be the test. The cult will be a hard one to get rid of. They a gleeful in their ignorance and conspiracies. Any with a hope of recovery it would seem to be or have happened by now.

The mid term elections will speak volumes of the hope for this nation.
You might be right about that, Oerets, but, I hope not. I see recovery as a longer process. I don't see it as a political process, but rather, a process that involves close friends and family members who can talk some sense into the cult members.